I am looking for an amp for about 900 USD.

I want an amp with a clean beautiful sound, but it must be heavy aswel.
I want to play some Yes, Genesis, King Crimson, Dream Theater, Rush, Porcupine Tree etc. styles on it!

Here are some amps for about that price:

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/CustomVibR/

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/HRDev410/

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/PrinceRev65/

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SpiderV212/

Comment these amps and please come with other suggestion
You know, the last amp I think of when I think "heavy" is a Fender Vibrolux or Princeton.

In fact, when I think of those amps, I think of surfers smoking pot on the beach listening to Dick Dale. Get a Marshall or Mesa for the sounds you're looking for.
Quote by al112987
You know, the last amp I think of when I think "heavy" is a Fender Vibrolux or Princeton.

In fact, when I think of those amps, I think of surfers smoking pot on the beach listening to Dick Dale. Get a Marshall or Mesa for the sounds you're looking for.

haha.. okey :P But a Mesa is a bit too expensive, and I haven't got so good experience with Marshall...
^ Used is the way to go for sure
Quote by Cachao

Johnbryant you are obviously a genius

My Gear
Custom USA Standard Telecaster
Peavey Triple XXX 212 Combo
Peavey MS412 Cab Celestion G12K-85's
POD 2.0 (the ultimate practice setup)
Guild DV6
A used Mesa F-series amp
or a used mesa Rectoverb
or a used mesa .50 caliber
or a used mesa DC-5
or a used mesa Mark III
or a used marshall JCM900
or a used Peavey XXX
or a used Peavey Ultra
or a Peavey Classic 30 with an overdrive pedal.
I play the same stuff

Bugera 333XL does it all. Three channels. Very CLEAN clean channel, crunch channel very PHAT Lifeson tones, lead channel Petrucci for days!!

This amp also takes effects VERY well.
Quote by BeerChurch
I play the same stuff

Bugera 333XL does it all. Three channels. Very CLEAN clean channel, crunch channel very PHAT Lifeson tones, lead channel Petrucci for days!!

This amp also takes effects VERY well.

:O niice! me want Lifeson and Petrucci!
Quote by Highwaytohell
A used Mesa F-series amp
or a used mesa Rectoverb
or a used mesa .50 caliber
or a used mesa DC-5
or a used mesa Mark III
or a used marshall JCM900
or a used Peavey XXX
or a used Peavey Ultra
or a Peavey Classic 30 with an overdrive pedal.

But it I don't think I can buy a Mesa Boogie, because I live in Norway, and in Norway Mesa Boogie is INSANELY expensive, compared to US. And I don't know if it is so safe to ship an amplifier I have never seen, and pay 1000 USD for it.
Quote by mongo_man
But it I don't think I can buy a Mesa Boogie, because I live in Norway, and in Norway Mesa Boogie is INSANELY expensive, compared to US.

That changes everything. People are assuming you live in the US with the Sweetwater links. Why don't you give your budget in Euros, and maybe we can find an amp for you on Thomann's site.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
honestly, if i were u i'd wait a little while n save up to get somethin really nice. u have a nice chunk of money there, but id wait til u have money to get the amp u really want, not just the one you can afford. it'l all be worth it when u get the perfect tone.
Quote by slatsmania
That changes everything. People are assuming you live in the US with the Sweetwater links. Why don't you give your budget in Euros, and maybe we can find an amp for you on Thomann's site.

I got about 940,847 Euros =)
Quote by metallax57
honestly, if i were u i'd wait a little while n save up to get somethin really nice. u have a nice chunk of money there, but id wait til u have money to get the amp u really want, not just the one you can afford. it'l all be worth it when u get the perfect tone.

A friend of mine could get me a Bugera 333XL Amp Head much cheaper, so maybe I will go for that =) and just get me a decent kabinet, because I have a nice amount of left-overs
Kustom Coupe 36, massively versatile gain, excellent cleans.
Used Carvin V3 or Peavey JSX is right in your price range.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra