Alright, I tried making this yesterday but some douche reported me because there was already an "ultimate settings thread". I've seen it and I wanted to make something that was specific to the spider iii's sound. Because the last thread didn't go so hot, i'm making some rules:

1) Don't report me because there is already an "ultimate settings thread", this is totally different and I have every right to create this thread, so dont be a douche.

2)Please be serious, none of the "sounds best when turned off jokes".

3)If you don't like this thread, then leave instead of being a whiny little cyber-bully (cuz everyone knows thats what makes you cool.)

4)Just try to refrain from acting like a douche towards other people. If you have criticism keep it constructive.
P.S.- keep everything in this format

Amp Model:
Drive:
Bass:
Mids:
Treble:
Amp Level:
Modulation Effects:
Echo Effects:
Reverb:
Nice Sounding Lead
Amp Model: Green Insane
Drive: 9
Bass: 9
Mid: 6
Treble: 8
Amp Level: 7
Mod Effects: none
Echo Effects: none
Reverb: 6
T3H BR00TALZ!!!!111oneone

Drive: 10!!!
Bass: 10!!!
Mid: 10!!!
Treble: 10!!!!
Amp Level: 10!!!
Mod Effects: All of them... ON 10!!!
Echo Effects: All of them... ON 10!!!
Reverb: 10!!!!!

****ING CRUSHING!!!
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Yeh...it doesn't realy matter if you think this is totaly different or not. It still belongs in the ultimate settings thread.
So I guess I'll be the douche today.
*reported*

oh yeh...just so you know, UG pretty much hates this amp so you might as well have title the thread 'FLAME ME PLEASE!'
Quote by dcdossett65
Life is too short to worry about this crap.

Who.

Cares.
Dude. If the mods closed the other one, that means, with all likely hood, that they also think you should use the Ultimate Settings Thread. Besides, this is not all that different. When I used to use my Cube I'd go to the Setting Thread, pick the model closest to the amp that person uses, and dial in the tone from there. So I'd suggest you do that.

*reported*
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
Quote by Brendan.Clace
T3H BR00TALZ!!!!111oneone

Drive: 10!!!
Bass: 10!!!
Mid: 10!!!
Treble: 10!!!!
Amp Level: 10!!!
Mod Effects: All of them... ON 10!!!
Echo Effects: All of them... ON 10!!!
Reverb: 10!!!!!

****ING CRUSHING!!!

Nono, you have the wrong amp. This belongs in the Marshall MG settings thread.
Quote by HLrocker
Yeh...it doesn't realy matter if you think this is totaly different or not. It still belongs in the ultimate settings thread.
So I guess I'll be the douche today.
*reported*

oh yeh...just so you know, UG pretty much hates this amp so you might as well have title the thread 'FLAME ME PLEASE!'

first off, i don't have to place it in the ultimate settings thread, i have every right to start this thread, considering i wasn't satisfied with the results of that thread. i have done nothing wrong and it is ignorant of you to report me.
It was ignorant of you to post a Line6 Spider III settings thread on Ultimate-Guitar.

/thread
no, it wasn't. not everyone can have supersick gear, so some people might want to be able to make the best out of what they have.
Last edited by grimguitarist91 at Aug 12, 2008,
and that's why we have an ultimate settings thread.
You already posted this thread yesterday and it got closed.... so inb4 close
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
Quote by Teh GIR
You already posted this thread yesterday and it got closed.... so inb4 close

someone obviously didn't read the first post.
Quote by grimguitarist91
someone obviously didn't read the first post.

Yeah well look in the ultimate settings thread, find the settings for who you want to sound like, put them on your spider, and try to use your horrible ears to fine tune it.

Those arent "Universal" settings, you need to tweak them a little bit
Mesa Boogie DC5
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Quote by Brendan.Clace
and that's why we have an ultimate settings thread.

theres no such thing as an ultimate setting. each amp is different and not all settings will work for all amps. the ultimate settings thread was a great idea but i decided to take that idea and narrow it down. plus wether you think its ignorant or not, its not your right judge. as one of the rules stated, if you dont like it then leave.
Quote by grimguitarist91
theres no such thing as an ultimate setting. each amp is different and not all settings will work for all amps. the ultimate settings thread was a great idea but i decided to take that idea and narrow it down. plus wether you think its ignorant or not, its not your right judge. as one of the rules stated, if you dont like it then leave.

Well thank you for saying EXACTLY what i said in my previous post.

Mesa Boogie DC5
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Distortionated
Amp Model: Red Insane
Drive: 10
Bass: 10
Mid: 8
Amp Level: 8
Echo Effects: none
Reverb: 3
Can you give me a good lightly overdriven blues tone?

Oh wait.

Can you give me a good Chunky tight metal tone?

Oh wait.

Also why is this thread still here?
Mesa Boogie DC5
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Texas Blues
Amp Model: Red Blues
Drive: 6
Bass: 7
Mid: 8
Amp Level: 7
Echo: Delay- low medium
Reverb: 5
You keep saying you have every right to create this thread, well...you don't. A mod closed it, and they have authority here, you have no rights here, its a privately owned site, if a mod closes it, then they have the right, its their discretion.
Quote by grimguitarist91
they haven't closed this thread, despite two reportings so i must have that right.

Mods have said numerous times they have lives and dont scan the sites constantly... Your just delaying the invenitable....
if you want to give settings for a specific amp, take it to the companies web site/forum/community
Quote by SSL27
Dude. If the mods closed the other one, that means, with all likely hood, that they also think you should use the Ultimate Settings Thread. Besides, this is not all that different. When I used to use my Cube I'd go to the Setting Thread, pick the model closest to the amp that person uses, and dial in the tone from there. So I'd suggest you do that.

*reported*

Me too,

I hear Petrucci uses the Metal Green amp.
Whats the longest word?

Quote by timzee117
smiles

because theres a mile between the two s's!

/killme