Basically, Iv just bought a used marshall Jcm 2000 Dsl 100 head and i must say it is rather nice.

The thing is, is the Green channels crunch doesnt have quite enough distortion for some of the things i play (great for others) but the lead channel does with the right settings although it can be slightly muddy. I like nice hi gain solo tone (think slash, kirk hammet's solower stuff) but i also like acsess to a few diffrent distortions (like diffrent styles) so i was thinkin the best way to go about it was have my crunch setup to a very light distortion and use somthing like a Bad monkey or and Tube screamer to boost that abit because (then i have acsess to a light distortion and abit heavyer one) then i can turn it off and roll back the volumes on my guitar for clean. Then have my lead channel to a fair amount of gain less than what it would be and then use the tube screamer or bad monkey too that extra level for a solo tone.

Is this a good idea? Are there any better ways of doin this? What problems might iccur? (for example on my solo tone will it be really messy, would i need a noise gain, ect.)

Ohh and ill have an EQ pedal in too.

But advise for other pedals?
i would like to have a delay,chorus,Od and tuner.

Id rather not pay much more that £60ish for this but obv i will on say Od pedal because i will use it alot.

sorry for the wall of text =P
well a bad monkey for OD, cheap and win
Fender Deluxe Strat HSS
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Highway 1 Tele
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Orange Rocker 30 Combo
Seymour Duncan Twin Tube Mayhem
Roland Microcube
Boss Micro BR
Korg Pitchblack
EHX Holy Grail
Hohner 3/4 Classical
Quote by Zakk_Lp

I like nice hi gain solo tone (think slash, kirk hammet's solower stuff) but i also like acsess to a few diffrent distortions (like diffrent styles) so i was thinkin the best way to go about it was have my crunch setup to a very light distortion and use somthing like a Bad monkey or and Tube screamer to boost that abit because (then i have acsess to a light distortion and abit heavyer one) then i can turn it off and roll back the volumes on my guitar for clean. Then have my lead channel to a fair amount of gain less than what it would be and then use the tube screamer or bad monkey too that extra level for a solo tone.

Is this a good idea? Are there any better ways of doin this? What problems might iccur? (for example on my solo tone will it be really messy, would i need a noise gain, ect.)

Id rather not pay much more that £60ish for this but obv i will on say Od pedal because i will use it alot.

sorry for the wall of text =P

Very good idea. I definitely recommend the Marshall Guv'nor OD. It can get a bit fuzzy however (not like MG fizz, like Jimi Fuzz).
LTD JD 600
Fender Celtic Esquire
Ibanez RGA7
Schecter S-1 Elite
Line 6 FM4
KORG Pitchblack
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Wah
Ibanez TS-9
ISP Decimator
Peavey 6505 Halfstack
Marshall 1960b Cab
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Yeahh Thanks guys, although tbh im not too keen on like a proper fuzz sort off sound but my mate has one soo ill borrow his for abit.

Anyone else got any advise?