I recently purchased an Ibanez RG1570 from a local music store (recently meaning 10 minutes ago hehe)

I had a plan to bring down the price.. I printed off a web page of Musicians Friends RG1570 page, clearly showing the $899.99 dollar price with a hard-case and "free-shipping" included.

This guy at Music Stop proceded to tell me how it is an American price (which i now realize is absolute bull****) for free, but it has to pass the border, so you pay duty and.. blah, blah, blah, blah. Plus some other **** about how it's a Japanese product, which somehow makes me pay in some way?

Anyways, ended up paying $1000+ for it, but got a case (they weren't originally offering it for some reason [or the guy I talked to before was an idiot]).

I'm not too mad, but I am pissed at Musicians Friend for not telling me that because Ibanez is a Japanese product I have to pay something (I can't quite remember WTF he said now)
We can only guffaw at all the humbug we are told about martyrs.
He charged you for the case.
Quote by ottoavist

i suppose there's a chance
i'm just a litte too shallow to consider
that maybe i've been a little more eager
each day to wake up and take a shower
brush my teeth and smile for the mirror
No he didn't. Forgot to include, original price at Music Stop for the guitar was $995.99, it was that plus tax on the reciept, the case came with it (Prestige Model).
He's a salesmen. Threating to rape him is the only thing you could've done to make him lower the price.
Nice beaver.

(. Y .) (. Y .)
Dude, I tried, I had to ease off because he threatened me with security .
Dude, local music stores are like that. Only widespread stores like GC have it at a reasonable price.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
You should be mad at the salesman because he suckered you into paying more money, not Musicians Friend for offering you the option of buying the guitar for cheaper.
Guitars:
Carvin DC145
Epiphone Explorer with Seymour Duncan JB and '59
Ibanez RGT42FXQM with Dimarzio Evo 2 and PAF Joe
Amp:
Carvin V3 2x12 combo with JJ 6L6GC tubes

Bass:
Ibanez SR300IPT
Amp:
Carvin BX600 2x10 half stack
They have to cover the cost of importing the goods, running the shop, paying wages etc. Buying something online is cheaper because these things are either non-existent or reduced. This is why high street stores are going out of business, because they cannot compete with online markets.
Its cause guitar shops pay the local and other expenses.
Were they gonna get the money? From innocent people who just want a nice guitar like you and me
Quote by rigiddigits
They have to cover the cost of importing the goods, running the shop, paying wages etc. Buying something online is cheaper because these things are either non-existent or reduced. This is why high street stores are going out of business, because they cannot compete with online markets.

yup
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
BTW, not a local business, it's a small chain owned by Long & McQuade..
well most of you a freaking idiots, if its an import (which it is) the importers have to pay tarrifs on them (extra tax) it is to try and encourage countries to use their own goods and not rely on other countries for goods boosting the countries economy
Gear:
Maton MS503
Squier Strat
Randall RG75DG3+
H & K 100W Switchblade
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Digitech Crossroads
Digitech Jamman
Zoom G1

Quote by Sol9989
Caramello wins life.

Quote by A8039077
Caramello, that's mother****ing genius!
Quote by Caramello Ruell
well most of you a freaking idiots, if its an import (which it is) the importers have to pay tarrifs on them (extra tax) it is to try and encourage countries to use their own goods and not rely on other countries for goods boosting the countries economy

Exactly, and a product of $800 is going to have a pretty hefty import tax on it.

For price comparisons, you need to find a online dealer from your country.

A couple good ones that I have used for Canadians are:

www.axemusic.com
www.lamusic.ca
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
Too late now >_>.

EDIT: Thanks for future reference though lol.