where in the rules does it say that you can't post a thread on a subject thats already been covered on another thread?

it doesn't. so people should stop reporting other people because another previous thread was already made that was similar to the current thread.

i think its ridiculous and unjustified.

does anyone else agree?
No, it's annoying when there are several threads on the same topic, it's disorganised.

And take it up with the mods, not the pit.

RMF

I was much further out than you thought
And not waving but drowning.
I was much too far out all my life
And not waving but drowning.
You know, I don't feel like posting in this thread, so I'm going to go post a new thread that says I think it's a good idea that we keep our thought organized.
I don't agree. It clutters up the Pit. It means the mods have more threads to moderate on the same old subjects. There's a thread made BY a mod at the top of the forum encouraging you not to make a new thread on an old subject, which most people obey because they want to voice their opinions in an older thread rather than get their new one closed.

Just because it isn't a bannable offence doesn't mean it's justified.
"We barely remember who or what came before this precious moment"

Tool, anyone?
Alter Bridge, maybe?
A bit of John Mayer?
Some beethoven sounds delightful, as well.
i understand what y'all are saying, but its a pain in the butt to try and find an old thread on a particular topic.
Quote by grimguitarist91
i understand what y'all are saying, but its a pain in the butt to try and find an old thread on a particular topic.

use the search bar maybe?
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
because duplicate threads are wasteful, and annoying, and unorganized
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
i have dude (used the searchbar), its a pain to sort through all the threads that dont have to do with the topic due to people being random. and other times ill find the thread but i am not satisfied with the results.
Quote by grimguitarist91
i have dude, its a pain to sort through all the threads that dont have to do with the topic due to people being random. and other times ill find the thread but i am not satisfied with the results.
So post in it and improve it? It's a pain to read through a new thread someone's made, looking for original and entertaining posts. Most of what has been said has been posted in the old thread so I'm just reading through tired arguments and looking at overdone images. If you just read the existing thread once, and post something good at the end of it, it helps other users to follow the topic.

Try changing your search options to searching for words in the thread titles, not posts, if you haven't already.
Quote by grimguitarist91
where in the rules does it say that you can't post a thread on a subject thats already been covered on another thread?

it doesn't. so people should stop reporting other people because another previous thread was already made that was similar to the current thread.

i think its ridiculous and unjustified.

does anyone else agree?

K Koo
Quote by Rockford_rocks
Any chick that can dance with a walrus to Michael Jackson songs is hot in my book.
Quote by rigiddigits
So post in it and improve it? It's a pain to read through a new thread someone's made, looking for original and entertaining posts. Most of what has been said has been posted in the old thread so I'm just reading through tired arguments and looking at overdone images. If you just read the existing thread once, and post something good at the end of it, it helps other users to follow the topic.

Try changing your search options to searching for words in the thread titles, not posts, if you haven't already.

i didn't know you could do that. thanks for the help.