So who happened to be at my local bar? All that Remains. looking for michelob. Jason the drummer is one of the coolest musicians with the weirdest accents
Don't you try and ask me your expiration date
Plans that forgot me 99 times
you'll be the one who opens the gate.

- Cedric Bixler Zavala

Founder of the UG RHPS fanclub....

to join simply amend sig..
So who happens to have a thread already? All That Remains.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
i swear to ****ing god i love metal but hate all the uptight ****ing metalheads

- Cedric Bixler Zavala

Quote by TenaciousLSD

We have separate sections for a reason.
^ Dude, just use the Hardcore forum, it's not that difficult to read the rules of the forum before posting.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Quote by TenaciousLSD

It's not being uptight, it's just following the rules of the metal forum.
Quote by mexicanmidget88
metalcore is metal, just with more brutality

Quote by Guns 'N' Maiden

Brandon Small Is An Amazing Guitarist and Glen Benton Is One Of The Best Drummers I've Ever Seen

R.I.P. George Carlin

May 12, 1937 - June 22, 2008
Quote by TenaciousLSD

Have you ever tried the sweet taste of sulfuric acid? I bet you could go for a nice steaming cup right now. Drink it down buddy.
The Kovenant of Terror, Marshal of the Legion of Metal.

Quote by GID (Shamrock)
Br00tal, Terror Kovenant=metal's king

wait, what?

"The rules say that all that remains should go into the hardcore forums, please"

"AH FUKIN' HATE YOU UPTIGHT METALHEADS YOU DOUCHEBAGS"

"......"
but seriously..... i know rules are rules but thats just ridiculous metal is as metal does... and that is to be heavy

- Cedric Bixler Zavala

Quote by TenaciousLSD
but seriously..... i know rules are rules but thats just ridiculous metal is as metal does... and that is to be heavy

Yes, but, the message in the lyrics, the sensibility and overall sound is NOT metal.

It's hard to explain that metalcore/any cores just don't sound metal.

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Quote by Slaytanic1993
Yes, but, the message in the lyrics, the sensibility and overall sound is NOT metal.

It's hard to explain that metalcore/any cores just don't sound metal.

Well I don't see how that should apply to one band and not another. Right now I'm listening to Tears by Ensiferum. Doesn't sound pretty metal to me and yet the band is supposed to be metal.
Quote by metaldud536
Well I don't see how that should apply to one band and not another. Right now I'm listening to Tears by Ensiferum. Doesn't sound pretty metal to me and yet the band is supposed to be metal.

Because the majority of their music is metal.

Majority rules.

Quote by eggsandham2
It's not influence.

It's how they sound. "So what gives" is they don't sound like anything metal that I've grown up with. It's not about innovation either, because these types of bands are descending into their own mediocrity.

Quote by eggsandham2
Quote by metaldud536
I really don't see any hardcore punk influences in ATR. So what gives?

Hardcore doesn't necessarily mean hardcore punk.

Same way metalcore doesn't mean metal, just because there share syllables doesn't mean they're exactly the same.
slaytanic dont be stupid, you cant just say metal bands that have core in the name dont sound metal to you considering half of metalcore bands sound identical to melodic death most of the time, youre just being elitist for the sake of it. same with deathcore, sounds pretty much the same as most death metal other than a few elements.
metalcore = core. Not metal
deathcore = core. Not metal.

I don't have opinions, only facts. Go home kids.

Quote by GID (Shamrock)

Quote by Slaytanic1993
It's not influence.

It's how they sound. "So what gives" is they don't sound like anything metal that I've grown up with. It's not about innovation either, because these types of bands are descending into their own mediocrity.

How they sound? The guitars are distorted enough, there's a little more complicated then usual guitar lines, and there's enough chugging to keep it heavy, and singing in metal has been around since the days of Sabbath....

Oh and the solos, gotta have solos right?

Quote by Terror Kovenant
metalcore = core. Not metal
deathcore = core. Not metal.

I don't have opinions, only facts. Go home kids.

No it is opinion, because these genres sound closer to metal than any other. Just like Neo classical, and symphonic which take influences of non metal genres.
Last edited by metaldud536 at Aug 12, 2008,
Quote by metaldud536
How they sound? The guitars are distorted enough, there's a little more complicated then usual guitar lines, and there's enough chugging to keep it heavy, and singing in metal has been around since the days of Sabbath....

Oh and the solos, gotta have solos right?

You are still showing off a stupid thought pattern. Distortion doesn't equal heavy, chug doesn't equal heavy.

Metal just has a certain feel that I cannot relate -cores to. Metalcore will never be metal to me because it just honestly doesn't sound like metal to me. I don't care how elitist that sounds, metalcore will never be a metal genre/sub-genre because it doesn't have the metal...

Aura.

ch17: I don't care, it just doesn't fit the sound to me.

Quote by eggsandham2
Quote by Slaytanic1993
You are still showing off a stupid thought pattern. Distortion doesn't equal heavy, chug doesn't equal heavy.

Metal just has a certain feel that I cannot relate -cores to. Metalcore will never be metal to me because it just honestly doesn't sound like metal to me. I don't care how elitist that sounds, metalcore will never be a metal genre/sub-genre because it doesn't have the metal...

Aura.

ch17: I don't care, it just doesn't fit the sound to me.

That's what I was looking for.
Amen.
Quote by metaldud536
That's what I was looking for.
Amen.

Do I have to follow Phill's example?

Any idiot who has a mental age of 10+ should know everything anyone says is in their opinion.

Quote by eggsandham2
Quote by Slaytanic1993
Do I have to follow Phill's example?

Any idiot who has a mental age of 10+ should know everything anyone says is in their opinion.

You can be an ass you know that?
I'm just saying, it didn't sound like an opinion. Just like that guy above who said he has "Facts"
Well, I'm being an ass because I thought opinions were just that.

I thought it was pretty obvious I was stating an opinion, so inside my head I was thinking "Wow...duh..."

Quote by eggsandham2
Quote by metaldud536

No it is opinion, because these genres sound closer to metal than any other. Just like Neo classical, and symphonic which take influences of non metal genres.

Being close doesn't matter. Close only counts when playing with hand grenades. And I speak only facts, my word is law.

Quote by GID (Shamrock)

Kinda hard for some people to understand the way people make statements on a forum.
Quote by Terror Kovenant
Being close doesn't matter. Close only counts when playing with hand grenades. And I speak only facts, my word is law.

Arrogant guy aren't ya?
Ugh...this is spiraling into nothing.

*reported* finally.

Quote by eggsandham2