dont people like spider 3 amps? their tone isn't that horrible and they are versatile.

and please dont flame because this is a serious question. and be honest, dont jump the bandwagon.
There have been ridiculous amounts of threads like these, all ending up being shut relatively quickly. You should have searched.
Quote by grimguitarist91
their tone isn't that horrible

You answered your own question. People want an amp with tone that is even less horrible. Or even better, decent!
Quote by grimguitarist91
*sigh*, since you know so much couldn't you of just of easily answered the question.

Well no, I have no personal experience with them. The general consensus is that they are good for small practice amps, but they have bad tone, and sound digital.
Quote by grimguitarist91
by that, i meant the tone is not bad. there is nothing wrong with it.

Tone is subjective, its all opinions, its just that many people don't like them, and a huge majority jumps on the bandwagon. You won't manage to convince anybody who doesn't like them already that they're good.
If you like your spider so much why don't you keep that to yourself instead of making threads that are doomed to get flamed and closed?
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Mesa Boogie Rect-O-Verb Combo
Marshall JMP-1

Amp Restoration

SG Build
God I love popcorn

To answer your question, people hate them if they are used for anything else but a practice amp and anything bigger then 1x12. One issue is kids posting up saying i have $500 for a halfstack I want a Spider. Spider and halfstack shouldnt even exist same thing with MG which gets just as much hate if not more. If you asked for a versatile practice amp there tolerated. But a cube still beats it hands down.

Another thing that people hate is people with spiders fighting with everyone all the time saying there the greatest thing ever. Take a hint from the MG guys they state please dont flame me in the title atleast they know what they have and can be respected for that. There not trying to shove there amps down our throats like you are.

And to any spider owners that keep to thereselves this isnt going out to you its only people like this that give the amps a bad name.
Quote by grimguitarist91
i never said i liked them, im just trying to understand why everyone doesn't.

I told you. According to people who have owned them they sound digital, fuzzy and indistinct.
People in places like this don't like them much because they are informed, but if you look around you could definitely find a bunch of people that like them in person.

We know that that there are amps that are considered to be better, by way of features or tone, for a similar or lower price. People don't like them here because they know there are better ways to throw your money.
Quote by grimguitarist91
i never said i liked them, im just trying to understand why everyone doesn't.

Well why dont you like them? That would probably answer your question...

Ands that funny all this drama and you yourself dont even like the amp...
you don't need to understand why other people don't like them, it's your opinion and if you know it's gonna end up being bashed it would be better to keep your opinion to yourself rather than share it with the world
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Marshall JMP-1

Amp Restoration

SG Build
TS
To put it simply, I hate them because they sound unorganic, digital, fizzy, and cannot stand out in a band situation. There are also much better alternatives in the pricerange. (Roland Cube Series, Vox AVT). Most of us have gotten used to the warm and rich tube sound so spiders sound harsh to our ears. This is coming from someone who has alot of experiance with these amps. Thats the truth man... Put a spider up against a peavey classic 30 than see whats up.
im not trying to be harsh or anything, but you should know by now that what you say isn't going to change what other people think
Quote by Invader Jim

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Marshall JMP-1

Amp Restoration

SG Build
Quote by grimguitarist91
i do like them, i just never said i did.

Obvious troll is obvious. You can dance about with words all you want, but this is the third useless threa you've made in as many days and it WILL be closed. You'll probably get banned for this.

**Reported**
Am I the only one that realized that there have been numerous people in this thread who answered his question yet every post he makes afterwards is him trying to convince us that he he never said he liked them, or he's just wondering why people don't like them?

He was answered like 5 times already.
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Xp3ns1v3
I thought it was illegal for women to use the internet.
I don't know why I'm compelled to post in these treads, but oh well. LOL

First off, I don't "hate" any amp. That's too negative of an emotion to associate with electronics in general. I suppose if you got tazed by a tazer you might hate them.

I used to own a Spider 3 and then I sold it. It was an okay amp, lots of nice options for a beginner. But it's tone was kind of sterile and consiquently I grew bored with it with in 6 months. That's a pretty common occurance. That's not to say they are bad, but uninspiring. Considering how many people take up guitar and then quit, it's not much of an issue. But for those that are serious about sticking with it, there are amps with more nuanced tones for the same price.
Play a couple of decent tube amps and compare. If you can't tell a diff then go buy a used line6. They are dirt cheap. Alot of differences others mention I can't hear or at least have a pref. That said I was stunned at how much I did not like the sound of a couple of line 6 amps when I tried them. I dislike them much more as a player than a listener for some reason. If another band is using on live I don't mind it much.