Hi guys,

Just restrung my M-II...

and it's all back up and running now but I am not sure if I have put the trem springs back in the right way. I cant remember if (when I took the trem cavity cover off) if the 3 tension springs were set up with one in the centre then the other two running parallel to the sides of the cavity... springs would look like:

|||

or,

If there was one in the centre and the the other two springs formed an A sort of shape around the centre one.... the springs would look like: /|\

Which is the right way guys? (I ended up fitting them back in in the A shaped option....

Thanks.
wait, why did you take the springs off in the first place?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Why did you remove the springs to restring your guitar? Do you realize it's easiest to replace the strings one-by-one rather than having to reset the trem after taking off all the strings?

Also, the pattern doesn't matter really. It only affects how stiff the trem is. The A pattern is less tense and more often used.
Schecter Loomis
LTD Horizon
Ibanez RGA121
Marshall DSL100
Peavey 5150

Quote by emagdnimasisiht
haha
This is the funniest thing i've ever read on UG.
lespaulrocks39, you sir are awesome.
Quote by oneblackened

Seriously.

But either way, there isn't a right way. It actually depends more on the gauge of your strings than if it's an ESP or an Ibanez. You should honestly do some google'ing when you're asking a question like that.
1992 Gibson Explorer (Seymour Duncan '59 neck, Custom Custom bridge)
Jackson King V Professional Std. (Seymour Duncan Invaders)
Mesa/Boogie Nomad 55
Mesa/Boogie 412 Recto. O/S Cabinet
Boss ME-50
MXR 10-Band EQ
I think it's . |||
but on my guitar it's like this . . | . | . | ..
( . String hole (i know it sounds weird))
( | Spring)
Squier Standard Telecaster.
Random Ibanez GIO superstrat
Takamine EG440C Maple Blue

Line 6 Spider III 30 w
Blackheart Killer Ant
Blackheart Little Giant

Line 6 Pod X3 Live
Line 6 Toneport UX-2
Quote by oneblackened

I gave the frets and the fretboard a clean and oil...so removed the strings to give it some much needed TLC....so there was a method in what may appear to have been madness...

I have since found out from a friend that they're set as |||
so, that doesn't require taking the springs out.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Agreed...LOL

On that note, what do you use to stop the FR bridge from dropping due to lack of string tension? After I scrabbled around for something I ended up jamming a pack of strings (still in placcy/pvc holder) under the back of the bridge, that did the trick...
9v battery/pencil/block of wood.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
Quote by oneblackened
9v battery/pencil/block of wood.

Thanks bud... do you wrap em in some cloth or something to prevent scratching?