I don't know if you've noticed, but many solo guitarists (such as Buckethead and Steve Vai), although phenomenal at playing, will come up with things that sound like complete crap, and put them into an otherwise awesome song, ruining it almost completely. My question is: Why?
Shut up.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
theyve run out of awesome ideas, s they try to innovate,
and it sucks when they take the risk, because its usually not worth it
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
it sounds good to them,its different because theyve played so much good stuff that they are starting to like the crap stuff sinces its different.
With artists like that, they most certainly do not play for you. They play because they can make a living doing something they love. In their case especially, they aren't likely to stick to one particular sound, simply because people like that. They want to innovate, they want change.
While looking at a guitar magazine with some friends.

Quote by Kaleb
DUDE! Is that a Mel Gibson?!

Quote by boreamor
Don't you understand the importance of correct spelling and grammar? It's the online symbol of maturity. And you as sure as hell don't have that.
Quote by holden93
With artists like that, they most certainly do not play for you. They play because they can make a living doing something they love. In their case especially, they aren't likely to stick to one particular sound, simply because people like that. They want to innovate, they want change.

Win, close thread.
Quote by Holy Katana
Your last job only paid you $7.00 AUD an hour? That's like $6.05 in the US. What the hell is the minimum wage over there?

Quote by titsmcgee852
$0 for volunteer work

ollollolollol

^
The only thing I dislike is when they try to drag out a triplet an extra half beat. Seriously, nobody else is playing along with or even know what the hell you're doing in the band. Extending that triplet out for a little extra delay just throws everyone, including the listeners, off
Quote by top shelf

I couldn't do it [masturbate] with the cast on however. That's when I dug out my baby sister's stuffed animals and went to town

Quote by Tubyboulin
Is it bad that I imagined you saying that in a really sexy voice?
Quote by holden93

+1
Gear

Guitar:
Squier Strat

Amp:
Fender Roc Pro 1000 Half Stack

Pedals:
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Digitech Cool Cat Chorus
Quote by Henkdemachtige
Win, close thread.

Henk heeft gelijk. WIN /THEAD LULZ

But yeah, its certainly not the person that you are that makes the artist want to stick to it's main sound.
But people change and so do you, so maybe you wil like the song after a while.

You never know.
I didn't mean to offend anyone. I just was pointing out that there are certain things that, according to everyone I know, just don't sound good. Especially in Buckethead's case, when he starts to shred (chromatically?) in certain songs. For instance, in The 13th Scroll (album: Cobra Strike), the speedy solo part just... doesn't seem musical. I'm NOT bagging on Buckethead (he's my favorite musician). I'm just simply asking "Why?"
Maybe they just have a different opinion regarding what sounds "good" than you.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...