well the question is in the title. What makes an acoustic guitar amp different.

My guess is the acoustic guitar has a lower pitch and so the speakers need to be built a little different, kida of like a bass amp.

any help is appreciated.
Bring Back the Music

I am a gear whore... Any little odds and ends that is in the middle of nowhere, I am coming for you

UG Missle Silo

Quote by SvnStringMaster
It sounds way hot, fuzzy, and like i shoved a mic up my ass and ran up the stairs.
the guy at my local store said they were alike and its like running an amp on a clean channel and he said with a good distortion unit u can make it sound like a normal amp
Quote by guitaringnathan
the guy at my local store said they were alike and its like running an amp on a clean channel and he said with a good distortion unit u can make it sound like a normal amp

The guy at your store obviously is misinformed. You will notice that playing a preamp-equipped acoustic guitar through an electric guitar amp will sound pretty bad... the only time I had a good sound in that situation was on the vibrato channel of my friend's Twin Reverb. Basically, acoustic guitar amps are designed with the more midrange and low frequencies that acoustic guitar put out. The speakers are similar to the ones in bass amps and PA cabs.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
I actualy just bought an acoustic electric guitar for camping trips and what not so I will probably never realy have the need to plug it in, but I was just wondering thank you for your help... actualy one more question

I have a bass amp that I have been using for bass, keyboard, and P.A. Purposes. If the speakers are similar would it be ok to plug it into this amp as well? I like to ask before I try because when I first got my bass I almost plugged it into my guitar amp thinking there was no difference... I am glad I checked on that because it would have been a terrible mistake

thanks again
Bring Back the Music

I am a gear whore... Any little odds and ends that is in the middle of nowhere, I am coming for you

UG Missle Silo

Quote by SvnStringMaster
It sounds way hot, fuzzy, and like i shoved a mic up my ass and ran up the stairs.
I actually like the sound of my epiphone ej-200ce on my vox ac30cc
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground