the TC electronic Nova System; it's marketed as an affordable version of the G System.
ah i guess i should have been more specific, i need it to be a pedal switcher really, the effects on the g system would be an added bonus. i am looking for a less expensive pedal switcher with a rack and floor pedal unit. thanks a lot though.
Quote by ILuvPillows?
Masturbate it off.
It's so worth the money, I got to try it last month for myself and loved the tone.

anyways theres rack mount modules out there which can be used with a MIDI controller such as the TC Electronic G-Major.

You can also go with stage mount boards like the following:
TC Electronic Nova System
Boss GT8
Boss GT10
Line6 Pod XT Live
Line6 Pod X3 Live
Boss GT-Pro?

http://www.zzounds.com/item--BOSGTPRO

you'll just need to buy a midi footboard.

such as:

http://www.zzounds.com/item--BEHFCB1010

both work well...the other guitarist in my band uses them, and he's gigging 3/4 times a week. reliable, decent sound, good value.
Gibson LP w/SD59+PRS Dragon II
Fender 52RI Hotrod Tele
PRS Tremonti SE w/Bulldog Extremist/Black Label

Cornford MK50H & 2x12
Marshall JMP-1

TC Electronics G-System

MacBook + Ableton Live
The G-System uses the same processor as the G-Major, maybe with slightly better A/D converters. Do yourself a favor and get yourself a G-Force with a $200 midiboard and you have the same functionality of the G-System but with a lot better effects.
Jackson KV 2, Jackson COW 7 (both in B), Jackson Demmelition V
Bogner Überschall (blue rev)
Marshall 1960B Vintage (2x V30 & 2x G12T75)
TC Electronic G Major
BBE Sonic Maximizer 422A
Weber Mass 150w
ISP ProRackG
T.Racks Dinopower
Quote by Ventor
The G-System uses the same processor as the G-Major, maybe with slightly better A/D converters. Do yourself a favor and get yourself a G-Force with a $200 midiboard and you have the same functionality of the G-System but with a lot better effects.

I don't really understand what you're saying, whether the G-system (floorboard) or G-force is better.

I would personally go with the G-system as it is more ideal for me. 5 onboard loops, 2 expression loops, ability to control 2 amps...that does all the work I would need from a floorboard, AND it has onboard effects.

The G-force on the other hand, you may only control 1 amp at a time with up to 5 choices despite a midiboard possibly having 6-10+ buttons on it. If you wanted to control external effects, such as your own pedals, you would have to buy another product (Voodoo Labs GCX $400). The G-force would cost you at least $2100 to use, The G-system would be about $1,600 after you factor in the cables to and from the board and your effects.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by MESAexplorer
I don't really understand what you're saying, whether the G-system (floorboard) or G-force is better.

I would personally go with the G-system as it is more ideal for me. 5 onboard loops, 2 expression loops, ability to control 2 amps...that does all the work I would need from a floorboard, AND it has onboard effects.

The G-force on the other hand, you may only control 1 amp at a time with up to 5 choices despite a midiboard possibly having 6-10+ buttons on it. If you wanted to control external effects, such as your own pedals, you would have to buy another product (Voodoo Labs GCX $400). The G-force would cost you at least $2100 to use, The G-system would be about $1,600 after you factor in the cables to and from the board and your effects.

Yes. Another alternative is a GCX audio switcher(looper) and a midi pedal board. I use this set up and its the ****.
Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM 900
peavey 5150

Mesa 4x12
Quote by Ubershall404
Yes. Another alternative is a GCX audio switcher(looper) and a midi pedal board. I use this set up and its the ****.

My only complaint with that is if you're running a 2 amp setup. Some amps require more than 2 loops, in fact my roadking required 8, which would use the entire GCX for 1 head! When i wanted to run the Mark IV along with it (required 4) I would only have 4 loops left over for pedals. And then I'd still need to buy the midiboard. For an individual amp (other than Mesa Boogies) though, phenomenal system.

If I got a G-system I would invest in a GCX down the road just for more loops.

Stereo setups are a bitch man.

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
I took the RJM RG-16 over the GCX as it has 8 loops AND another 8 function switches for controlling the amp(s).......and it's way easier (in my opinion) to set up and program. To be perfectly honest it's like a slightly more grown up version of the GCX that, unfortunately, costs a little bit more.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Quote by MESAexplorer
My only complaint with that is if you're running a 2 amp setup. Some amps require more than 2 loops, in fact my roadking required 8, which would use the entire GCX for 1 head! When i wanted to run the Mark IV along with it (required 4) I would only have 4 loops left over for pedals. And then I'd still need to buy the midiboard. For an individual amp (other than Mesa Boogies) though, phenomenal system.

If I got a G-system I would invest in a GCX down the road just for more loops.

Stereo setups are a bitch man.

Ah the Mesa issue with The GCX. I feel you man. I guess you need a loop for each switch on mesas. Im not a fan of mesa but I think in the near future, the Roadking should intergrate a MIDI interfece. I had a JVM and I now use a Framus. Both of those amps have midi switching and It rocks. I dont think I'll ever go back. Its so easy

With all the damn features on the Roadking, Its almost a must to move to midi switching!
Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM 900
peavey 5150

Mesa 4x12
Quote by Ubershall404
Ah the Mesa issue with The GCX. I feel you man. I guess you need a loop for each switch on mesas. Im not a fan of mesa but I think in the near future, the Roadking should intergrate a MIDI interfece. I had a JVM and I now use a Framus. Both of those amps have midi switching and It rocks. I dont think I'll ever go back. Its so easy

With all the damn features on the Roadking, Its almost a must to move to midi switching!

Fortunately Midi amp controllers for this kind of thing are available. Not to beat a dead horse, but seriously you guys should take a long look at the RG-16. It can control 2 Road Kings simultaneously and give you 8 audio loops all at the same time.

At this point it really makes no sense to me why some of the major amp companies are still shying away from Midi. I was remarkably impressed when the JVM came out, but it seems like half the amp companies that should virtually require Midi switching (cough....Mesa....cough) are still avoiding it like the plague. H&K had a brilliant idea with having the installable option of an onboard Midi switching unit in their more complex tube heads, and another billiant (though arguably not as well executed) idea with the Switchblade.....and this kind of stuff has been around for years now. Mesa is most certainly not the only example, Peavey has several models that I think would benefit from the option of Midi switching, so does Traynor, etc.

To be perfectly honest I think a large reason why more people aren't splurging on Midi setups is the cost of entry to buy a ton of equipment that is absolutely necessary for running a relatively simple midi rig. The GCX is a great idea, but loses it's glamor when you consider you need at least a $400 controller for it, and then you either need to cough up another couple of hundred bucks for a separate amp controller, or start sacrificing the functionality of the unit. If I could control a GCX with a MidiMate and then daisy chain it to an affordable Midi controlled amp, I'd probably sleep better at night.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
I'll look into it. I no longer own a roadking, but if anyone owns a Roadking, three channel recto, mark or newer boogie with more than 2 channels they have a lot to control as far as loops go (channels 1,2, solo boost, reverb, loops) imagine having 2 more channels and another loop, thats the roadking for you.

I'm currently running a Splawn Quickrod and Framus Dragon, I'm looking into getting the G-system as it would cure all my problems and give me some bitchin effects.

Thanks for the info on the RG-16. Sounds very cool.

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio