so im sure alot of you have heard about that game guitar rising coming out... does that not seem pointless to you? i dont really need a video game to play along to a song on an actual guitar, not to mention its probably extremely hard to sight read tabs like that. obviously its designed for guitar players (because you need a guitar to play the game). and guitar players, as you may know, ALREADY PLAY GUITAR, and dont need a video game to pretend that they do.

/rant

discuss.
What the hell are you talking about?

Also, Gaming Thread.
Quote by top shelf

I couldn't do it [masturbate] with the cast on however. That's when I dug out my baby sister's stuffed animals and went to town

Quote by Tubyboulin
Is it bad that I imagined you saying that in a really sexy voice?
omg, we already had this argument.

its a scrolling guitar pro that tells u if ur doing it right, WHAT THE **** IS THE BIG DEAL. goddamn...
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
So its guitar pro only it tells you if your doing it right?

Edit: Damn nevermind already said
Quote by metaldud536
I think...let the people produce/buy what they want as long as it doesn't kill anyone.

true, but guitar hero was designed to let your average joe feel like a real guitar player. mission accomplished.

guitar rising... apparently is trying to make guitar players feel like real guitar players. mission accomplished?
Quote by Wylde14
true, but guitar hero was designed to let your average joe feel like a real guitar player. mission accomplished.

guitar rising... apparently is trying to make guitar players feel like real guitar players. mission accomplished?

COD is supposed to make you feel like you really did participate in WWII.
Just let it be man.
Quote by metaldud536
COD is supposed to make you feel like you really did participate in WWII.
Just let it be man.

COD is still a game that anyone can pick up, you don't have to actually have been in the army in 1942 to play it. the concept just seems a little esoteric to me
Quote by Wylde14
COD is still a game that anyone can pick up, you don't have to actually have been in the army in 1942 to play it. the concept just seems a little esoteric to me

Well if it makes you feel better, Guitar rising sounds like a stripped down version of Guitar pro.

If anything, I would only buy it if it can tab out mp3's. There's barely any known software that can do that.
looks like a practice aid, and since you already have to have a guitar to play it, it wont sell well
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Quote by metaldud536
Well if it makes you feel better, Guitar rising sounds like a stripped down version of Guitar pro.

If anything, I would only buy it if it can tab out mp3's. There's barely any known software that can do that.

there is barely any known software that can do that? or there isnt any known software that can do that?

i dont think thats possible

Quote by ShredGod George
looks like a practice aid, and since you already have to have a guitar to play it, it wont sell well

and its only a practice aid for the songs that come with it, unless it has some song creator thing... which youd need the tabs for to do it anyway, making the whole thing pointless.
Quote by Wylde14
there is barely any known software that can do that? or there isnt any known software that can do that?

i dont think thats possible

I did find one program, it had like a free trial. I imported an mp3 to it and it gave me the first riffs of one guitar track of an acoustic instrumental. I don't know what i can reall do though.
Could be a good teaching tool... maybe not. Who cares?
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Wii Is For Queers! Co-Founder Of The "We Hate Wii" Club
Return to a Condition of Being...<-Band. Add plz!
Quote by Gerald The Mous
It's a game to help people learn/practice guitar, and improve speed and whatnot.

what happened to just playing? i cant justify spending 30 bucks (im guessing at a price) just to play along with songs.
Quote by metaldud536
I did find one program, it had like a free trial. I imported an mp3 to it and it gave me the first riffs of one guitar track of an acoustic instrumental. I don't know what i can reall do though.

i guess if the song was only a guitar it might work, but if its any sort of band work theres no way it would be of any use.
Quote by Wylde14
what happened to just playing? i cant justify spending 30 bucks (im guessing at a price) just to play along with songs.

Why should you even give a ****? Nobody is making you buy the product. :/
Quote by Gerald The Mous
Why should you even give a ****? Nobody is making you buy the product. :/

well assuming im not the only one that thinks this, from a business standpoint, it wont sell very well, however it seems im the only one in the pit
The game also has a really crappy setlist consisting of bands and songs no one has ever heard of.
Here is what I can find so far:
"Automatic" Stereo 360
"Certain Words in Uncertain Times" This Providence
"Green" Telescope
"It's Over" Even the Odd
"Mental" K-ration
"Miss Mary Mack" Anything But Joey
"On With the Show" Casey Maxwell
Quote by RPGoof
The game also has a really crappy setlist consisting of bands and songs no one has ever heard of.
Here is what I can find so far:
"Automatic" Stereo 360
"Certain Words in Uncertain Times" This Providence
"Green" Telescope
"It's Over" Even the Odd
"Mental" K-ration
"Miss Mary Mack" Anything But Joey
"On With the Show" Casey Maxwell

oh yeah, i forgot to point that out... although i read they were working getting some more popular songs on it
Quote by Wylde14
oh yeah, i forgot to point that out... although i read they were working getting some more popular songs on it

See this is what I mean. I woudln't buy it just so that I can learn those songs. I should be able to import the mp3's I choose, but there really isn't anything that can tab mp3's.

Now that I think of it, it is a waste of money because you could be paying $30 or more to learn a couple of songs. It depends on how open minded you are.
Quote by Wylde14

Not only that, but the notes look really hard to read and see.
Now, if there were a way for it to take Guitar Pro tracks and pick the guitar track, then create a song around it, that'd be pretty spectacular.

(Somebody get on this)
Quote by top shelf

I couldn't do it [masturbate] with the cast on however. That's when I dug out my baby sister's stuffed animals and went to town

Quote by Tubyboulin
Is it bad that I imagined you saying that in a really sexy voice?
Quote by metaldud536
See this is what I mean. I woudln't buy it just so that I can learn those songs. I should be able to import the mp3's I choose, but there really isn't anything that can tab mp3's.

Now that I think of it, it is a waste of money because you could be paying $30 or more to learn a couple of songs. It depends on how open minded you are.

its not a matter of whether the songs are any good, its the fact that you can only learn those set songs on there, theres no point, if you want to learn the songs look up tabs.. or god forbid use your ears

Quote by NotAGuitarHero
Now, if there were a way for it to take Guitar Pro tracks and pick the guitar track, then create a song around it, that'd be pretty spectacular.

(Somebody get on this)

its called pro-tools
its retarded like all guitar based games.
but I doubt it would sell since most people who own a guitar would rather just play it but I think there would be some idiots who would buy it.
Quote by Stress Cow
You know you're fucked up when the pit thinks you're a sick bastard.
Sounds like a great idea actually. Chances are... after a couple times practicing it you'd be able to play it without the tab. I'd much rather make my own music though.
Plays:
Schecter Hellraiser Solo-6 FR Limited
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
'66 Hagstrom Viking I (customized)
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
Wait what exactly is the problem with it. You will have to have real guitar skill to play it and int wont make average joes think their supertalented musicians. It´s a game for real guitarists and definetley is a step in the right direction for guitar based games.
My gear:
  • Fender American Standard Telecaster
  • Ibanez RG450
  • Laney VC15
  • Electro Harmonix HOG
  • Vox Satchurator
  • Blackout Effectors Musket fuzz
  • Electro Harmonix Pulsar
  • Earthquaker Devices Disaster Transport
  • Malekko Chicklett

Sounds like theyre pretty much trying to advertise bands that no one has ever heard.