Page 1 of 3
ok i was wondering ive been getting into a thing for insturmental pieces. so i was wondering if there are any songs along those lines. i have metallicas instrumentals, and triviums crusade. and im going to get some songs by pelican. but i was wondering if there are any bands/artist who follow song structure like those songs. i really dont really need to listen to a song with guitars going unbeliveably fast to a so/sop backing track though. so anything melodically engrossing, since hes a shredder ill say something along the lines of glassgow kiss by john petrucci, or cliffs of dover. so any bands like this would be much appreciated, thanks.
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch
What the hell? F8 doesn't do anything interesting This toy is lame

Quote by TheReverend724
I can have a beer later, I need to level Charmeleon NOW!
Marty Friedman's Scenes album is amazing.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by darkstar2466

I second this, Marty Friedman is amazing

Try the Nine Inch Nails Ghosts collection, I've heard good things about it

You can't go wrong with Steve Vai or Joe Satriani either.
The Pit. The Movie.
Quote by darkstar2466

I third this, also check out Loudspeaker, its just plain epic.
Buckethead is freaking awesome too, check out any of his albums and you'll find cool stuff, particulalrly 'Crime Slunk Scene' and 'Colma'.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
I like Friedman's Music For Speeding best.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Ichimaru
Buckethead is freaking awesome too, check out any of his albums and you'll find cool stuff, particulalrly 'Crime Slunk Scene' and 'Colma'.

Those albums where the two I was going to suggest.

+1 bro, +1.
Quote by HelpTravesty
Hey everyone, SMOKE WEED!

It's raining blood from a lacerated sky.

Woo, lets highjack this thread into a Marty Friedman thread. x)

I've heard some nice things about the latest instrumental Beastie Boys album. Also, Michael Lee Firkins has some really nice stuff
The Pit. The Movie.
Quote by Ichimaru

(<i love that thing) i forgot bucket head, thanks i love some of his work like his pirate theme song
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch

Quote by TheReverend724
Megadeth- Into The Lungs of Hell. I really like it.

NOTHING HURTS BATMAN!

Quote by dannay
what this man says is correct.

Quote by clemm
WHAT IS THE PIT!?!?!!!!!!?!??
--clemm

n00b
Check out some Joe Satriani, especially the song Always with Me, Always with You And if you like him, then you'd probably like Steve Vai.
Nine planets surround the sun
Only one does the sun embrace
Upon this watered one
So much we take for granted

So let us sleep outside tonight
Lay down in our mother's arms
For here we can rest safely
classical musical is good umm steve vai satch yngwie.
nine inch nails has some good ones and no not the ghost Im talking about the still album
Quote by Stress Cow
You know you're fucked up when the pit thinks you're a sick bastard.
Quote by darkstar2466

I have a question. Did this album have like these Asian, possible Japanese melodies influencing the guitar playing?

Okay yea I read up on it. I had a hunch after listening to 2 songs off the album.
Last edited by metaldud536 at Aug 12, 2008,
buckethead's good, i'll list some buckethead stuff here for you:
- Jordan (original version and guitar hero version are different, but both great)
- Nottingham Lace
- Jump Man
- Final Wars
- Welcome to Bucketheadland
that's all i can think of for now.
Sonata - Symphony X

That is all.
We can only guffaw at all the humbug we are told about martyrs.
"Soy Bomb" by Honest Bob and the Factory to Dealer Incentives, its a really cool surf instrumental, and "Mirsirlou" by Dick Dale and the Del-Tones, another cool surf instrumental. "On The Run" by Pink Floyd is really good aswell. "Any Colour You Like" is also a really awsome instrumental by Pink Floyd, great guitar work by Gilmore in that.

EDIT: Oh, and "The Calling" which is bassically Santana and Eric Clapton jamming, the result is pure AWSOMNESS!!!
Last edited by crazy8rgood at Aug 12, 2008,
listen to some Dream Theater.

specifically: Dance of Eternity, Erotomania, and Ytse Jam.
My sig used to be so awesome it got me banned
instrumental illness - the allman bros and other allman brothers instrumentals such as in memory of elizabeth reed you cant go wrong with those

classical guitar music is really good (villalobos ftw)
s
also try rusty cooley's "under the influence". it's a tribute to three of his main influences, but i only remember two of them, those being yngwie malmsteen and (i think) michael angelo batio.
Quote by Don't Read This
instrumental illness - the allman bros and other allman brothers instrumentals such as in memory of elizabeth reed you cant go wrong with those

classical guitar music is really good (villalobos ftw)
s

also jessica by ABB.
How about the Passion & War Album by Vai? Maybe Surfing With The Alien by Satch?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Check out some of Satriani's stuff, Always with me always with you is awesome.
Inhuman evil take down!
Quote by Your_Dad

i didn't know dream theater made instrumentals. i'll have to look into that.
racer x has some awesome instrumentals, all paul gilbert solo albums, buckethead(btw i love the dime tribute/android of notre dame), liquid tension experiment, sleep terror, baptizm of fire - glenn tipton solo(one song but its great), rush has some awesome instrumentals(yyz, leave that thing alone, main monkey business, etc.) thats all i can think of for now
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
Umm...most things by Joe Satriani?
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
You can't prove that people DON'T walk on water. turn water into wine etc.
Sunn O)))

Just kidding, that's not the type of instrumental you're looking for. I mean, I would check em out just to hear something different, I personally like it if I'm in the right mood. But if you're looking for metallica type of instrumental, it's not really anything like that.

I'd definitely recommend Buckethead like half of the other people in here. Check out these songs if you can find em.

Buckethead's toystore.
Scapula.
Last ride of the bozomobile: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJgIqamGdqQ
Last edited by Brain245 at Aug 12, 2008,
Quote by jess2112
i didn't know dream theater made instrumentals. i'll have to look into that.

WOW

really?? like, half their songs are instrumental, or have rediculously long instrumental sections.

look up Instrumedely, Paradigm Shift, and Acid Rain while you're at it too.
My sig used to be so awesome it got me banned
Quote by Your_Dad

You missed Stream of Consciousness

Plus, TS, Dream Theater have 5 minute instrumental sections in almost every song.
Battle Scralatchtica by Incubus is technically an instrumental, and hella funky.
Requiem by Opeth is short and sweet
Imago by the Butterfly Effect is great.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
I don't know if it has been mentioned yet but there is an awesome band called Root Valdez who are on Ben Kenny's label (Incubus) and they are have some really fast beats but it's really chilled out blues style. Love it.
Signed.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I nearly panicked, until I saw further down the page someone had FINALLY mentioned Russian Circles. Saw them with Tool last year, they were fantastic.

Same here, I saw 'em at Manchester Academy. Went out and bought "Enter" the next opportunity I had!
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
thanks for the suggestion guys im going to be looking up the ones i never really knew of im going to be looking into Dream theatre and more of petrucci ( i dont um for lack of a better word take music from online and itunes only has one of his CDs so i have to go find the actually cds in a store and no cd store around here from what ive seen) ill look into Satch and vai, and ill definatly be getting some buckethead. does anyone know if Steve Ouimette (guitar hero isthe only place ive heard him on) has any CDs i really like his work.
Quote by haha

Quote by ouch

Quote by TheReverend724
Page 1 of 3