So after sending back the Peavey 6505 because I was not satisfied with the fizzyness and thin tone at non-coma inducing volumes (yea yeah...tube...not all tube shave to be at 100000 dB to sound good...although..I only play mostly at home so my mistake)...I have decided on a new tube amp i think. After entertaining the idea of a rack system for a bit..I decided I could get a good tube head for a better deal.

The Carvin V3. I play 95% metal. I like thick. I like ballsy. I like clarity. I love GAIN. and this amp looks like it can cover all of that. It seems like in 50W mode i can crank the master volume to get good power tube saturation and use the channel volume as a raw overall volume mechanism to achieve a good tone at lower volume levels (doesnt have to be bedroom...just not piss off family/not audible easily outside). Did i make a good choice?
my rig is in my basement which is finished..and carpet floors so little artificial reverberation. Like i said as long as it can retain a good tone without being audible outside in other houses and not causing discomfort to my family...then it's good for me
Quote by Free
Is overkill imo but heh whatever, enjoy.

what would you suggest?

my 2nd choice was Engl Fireball - $1400