Im currently away from home working for the summer, i go home in 16 days., that day before going to my house im picking up my valveking 212 combo. I have a few simple questions for you about it:

1. What are the stock tubes used in the amp?

2. What does the A/AB texture control really do?

3. and how od can this little beast put out?
Ibanez RGR420EX
B.C. Rich MockingBird w/ EMG 81/85

Peavey Valveking 212 Tube Combo

Electro harmonix Metal Muff
Electro harmonix Big Muff
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
i think sovtech tubes
the a/ab doesn't do much, just kinda how the amp circuitry runs
and it does have gain, just not the tone to go with it
well how would an electro harmonix metal muff'n sound through the clean channel. i heard the tone wasnt the best on the od channel but the clean was where it was really at. would i get good tone and good od with the pedal through the clean channel?
Ibanez RGR420EX
B.C. Rich MockingBird w/ EMG 81/85

Peavey Valveking 212 Tube Combo

Electro harmonix Metal Muff
Electro harmonix Big Muff
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
Well for the third one it has decent gain I guess. But since I play metal I'm getting a MetalMuff for it because I can't get enough gain without turning it up, thereby annoying my family.

EDIT:
Yeah it's got some pretty great cleans. It had the perfect tone for cleans for me, and I would say it would take pedals pretty well, but I've never tried using a pedal with it before.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
The A/AB knob changes the tone. I can't really describe it much but I only ever use A or AB, nothing inbetween.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
The stock tubes are EHX, well at least mine came with those. The companys name should be on the tubes so just check. Switches from class a to class ab. Whichs pretty much like goin from older sounding classic rock circutry to a more modern circutry. Its not that great to me i just leave it on a/b as it sounds better. Its about mid gain on it, i use it in a hardcore band with no od and its fine for me. But ya as Ghold says it doesnt have the tone for it. If your thinking about buying it id reconsider as youll get it and youll want to replace it in 5 months. But then again you may like it.
Guitar: Ibanez Rg 2ex2/ with Dizmarzio Super Distortion
Amp: Peavey Valveking 212 (replacing soon)
Pedals: Planet Waves Tuner, Boss DS-1, Digitech DF-7, MXR-108 EQ
the preamp tubes are all EHX and the power amps are rubys which are just rebranded tubes i believe but i dont know the originals.
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
I liked the windsor studio much better than the valve king for the more modern tone. I liked the peavey classic better but I'm more into vintage and blues tone. An amp that does both fairly well is the crate V series. try one of those also.
? I kinda find it hard to believe the Windsor is better at being modern voiced. I find the VK to be more modern voiced then the Windsor. As the Windsor is more moddled towards the hot rodded JCM 800 sound. Thou i will agree that the Peavey Classic 30 would be the way to go though if you wanted a better sounding amp. But i will say if you have the chance please look at maybe different ideas for an amp, as the VK is kinda lackin a bit in the tone region.
Guitar: Ibanez Rg 2ex2/ with Dizmarzio Super Distortion
Amp: Peavey Valveking 212 (replacing soon)
Pedals: Planet Waves Tuner, Boss DS-1, Digitech DF-7, MXR-108 EQ
Power tubes are Rubys but the preamps can be anything. I had one JJ in V1 and EHX in the rest. They use whatever they have on hand so its a toss up.

A/AB has already been explained. Think of it as modern tight tone vs older vintage loose as hell tone.

As for OD the most you can get out of it stock is thrash metal with gain boost engaged aka diode clipping. Its good for people that don't have OD's, but with the gain boost off and boosted with a pedal thats where this thing starts to shine.