Page 1 of 3
"When Was The Last Time You Played The Smoke On The Water Riff. Why?"

I played it last Friday trying to teach my younger cousing.
Anyone else ever bother to play that anymore?
I Had No Sig Once.

?
I played it right when I saw the thread title lol.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
I played it with my band to annoy our drummers cousin who despises anything that isn't tool
2 weeks ago at Guitar Center , wanted to see how loud a Marshall Vintage Modern would go
I play it once in a while cause it's just ****in classic haha
"You'd stick your head in fire if I told you that you could see Hell"- Otis, House of 1000 Corpses
when i was watching school of rock
when it was on a couple of days ago
Gear:
Fender MIA Strat w/EMG SA's
Fender Super 60
Boss RT-20 Rotary Sim
Ibanez AD-9 Analog Delay
EHX Big Muff

"Doctor Kindly Tell Your Wife
That I'm Alive, Flowers Thrive
Realise, Realise, Realise"
the other day cause I was bored. and i'm writing a song that looks back at all the classic rock riffs.
i play it in tritones all the time to annoy the **** out of people.
even worse than that is Louie, Louie in minor 2nds.
Quote by ortrigger
the other day cause I was bored. and i'm writing a song that looks back at all the classic rock riffs.

You're writing a compilation of everybody's old guitar riffs or your creating some of your own that sound old?
I Had No Sig Once.

?
Quote by Ghold125
2 weeks ago at Guitar Center , wanted to see how loud a Marshall Vintage Modern would go

Hahaha, you're such a douche bag. I applaud you
when ug made a song and someone put it in
Quote by Lil Macker
Please tell me he's not from The Pit. That place changes people...

*shudders*
Quote by Ghold125

You played Smoke ON The Water at guitar center!!!!!!
EVERY SINGLE DAY!! 'CAUSE I'M THE BR00T4LZ!!! RAWWWR!!

...serisouly, though.... i haven't played it in like 3 months.
O O

___
At Guitar Center a while ago.
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
Quote by Nemo306
You're writing a compilation of everybody's old guitar riffs or your creating some of your own that sound old?

i'm writing my own song with my own main riff and such but the lyrics are gonna be talking about all the great classic rock songs and the music is going to mirror the lyrics with the most well known riff from each song.
i don't remember i played the pro version. I played the noobie version and my uncle thought it was inna gadda davida.
"Member of the UG Pink Floyd Fan club PM stonegolem13 or nick dixon to join

love The Evil Dead films? Join my group: http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/boomstick/

Quote by pepsi1187
not to mention herbert from family guy will touch you in your sleep
Quote by ortrigger
i'm writing my own song with my own main riff and such but the lyrics are gonna be talking about all the great classic rock songs and the music is going to mirror the lyrics with the most well known riff from each song.

I salute you.
I Had No Sig Once.

?
Quote by Bucketheadroolz
You played Smoke ON The Water at guitar center!!!!!!

note i played the whole song...
i still got some strange looks when i first started to play it
Quote by FloyDZeD
I played it right when I saw the thread title lol.

lol me too!
Jackson DKMG Dinky, Ibanez RG 7321, Ibanez RG 350EX
Bugera 6262-212 (120 watt), Line 6 Spider lll (30 watt)

Pearl Forum Series Drums
Sabian B8 Cymbals (ride, hi-hats, 3x crash, splash)
a couple days ago because i actually like that riff ,i just hate when it is play very badly or on one string.
i was trying to teach a friend how to play so i tried smoke on water, but she couldnt even play two strings at a time...
so i had to teach her a paramore riff on the high e string...
Quote by STABxYOU
I've never bothered to learn it...

no one does, I think every guitarist just figures that riff out by themselves. At least that what I did.
When my 8 year old gets tired of trying Welcome Home and she wants something to play at GC to try acoustics out with.
Quote by Nemo306
"When Was The Last Time You Played The Smoke On The Water Riff. Why?"

I played it last Friday trying to teach my younger cousing.
Anyone else ever bother to play that anymore?

Last time I played the song.

The riff is no easier than thousands of others, and there's a world of difference between plunking it along the low E and playing it properly, not forgetting the small matter of there being an entire song attached to the riff. Again, the song is difficult to play well.

This thread is full of idiocy - nobody should look down on a piece of music because they think it's beneath them, there's no such thing as something that's "below your level", only songs you do know and songs you don't. Anything you don't know you have to learn, and everything new you learn helps you improve no matter how "easy" you perceive it to be.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
about a year ago, in a jam with about three guitarists (myself included) and a drummer.
Fender American Vintage '62 Jaguar
Fender Crafted in Japan '62 Telecaster
THD Flexi-50 + Vox V112HTV Handwired Cab
I can proudly say I have never played it! Woooo!!!
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
i play it all the time

a finger picking version with both the riff and the bassline, sounds great
Quote by steven seagull
Last time I played the song.

The riff is no easier than thousands of others, and there's a world of difference between plunking it along the low E and playing it properly, not forgetting the small matter of there being an entire song attached to the riff. Again, the song is difficult to play well.

This thread is full of idiocy - nobody should look down on a piece of music because they think it's beneath them, there's no such thing as something that's "below your level", only songs you do know and songs you don't. Anything you don't know you have to learn, and everything new you learn helps you improve no matter how "easy" you perceive it to be.

This.

I was actually about to write this rant myself, but once again steven seagull saves the day (and 5 minutes of my time).
Fender Standard Stratocaster
BC Rich Mockingbird Supreme (USA Custom Shop)
BC Rich NJ Neck-Thru Series Mockingbird
Epiphone Elite Les Paul Standard

Laney TT50-112
Peavey Classic 30
Epiphone Valve Junior
Roland Microcube
I played Smoke On The Water for 40 minutes while trying out my first guitar in the shop. Luckily the owner is cool so he didnt murder me with a hatchet like he should have
PSN ID: Blade3195
I can't remember when it was but I know why I did it.

Me and my brother were watching School of Rock and I had a god at Jack Black for playing it wrong so I had to illustrate how it should have been played or he would have looked at me like some kind of maniac all night. Again.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
About 2 months ago. My 8 year-old heard it in a commercial and asked me "Dad can you do that?"
GEAR:

Gretsch 5120 Anniversary Ed.
Ibanez Artcore AS73
Mann 2350CS (Les Paul Copy)
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Squier Bullet
Boss OS-2
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT 30w
Line 6 Spider III 15W (Hey, I jam in my living room...)
i have played it quite often the last couple of weeks but not the way it is originally played i have made a reggea version of the song!!
Page 1 of 3