Page 1 of 2
what metal guitar would u suggest for someone that only has about 500 dollars to spend on his guitar? it would probably be going to a roland cube 60 but I haven't settled on a new amp either but it seems people on this forum love it... ive tried out a 30 and its pretty cool with my friends esp/ltd guitar

so pretty much the best metal guitar/amp combo for 900 dollars
I heard Vox amps are good for metal....

....you might want to wait for some other suggestions, though... Lol.

but about the guitar...
Quote by RPGoof
But seriously, what else are you looking for in a guitar? Frets? Body shape? Whammy bar? etc.
^ this.
O O

___
eh try some deans, they have decent cheap guitars
but ibanez, or esp/ltd are probibly better for money . . .
Go for a used Jackson, Charvel, ESP, LTD, or Ibanez. You'll get a monster guitar for your money, my friend.
buy a sword.

kill ANYONE who say's your gear isn't metal

you old gear is now metal. REALLY metal.

if all else epic fails get a keytar, in murr.
lol my old gear is squire starting kit and haven't played many other guitars but my friends kh202 sounded good to me

and i wanted some suggestions as to what would sound good not just brand names!!!

umm whammy optional

maybe something similar to the stratocaster shape

and as for guitars being made of wood... no way... i wanted a metal guitar!

but seriously i dont know what woods to use... i like the bfmv/trivium sounding guitars
Get a Jackson Dinky if you like strat shapes, but if you would care, geta Dean ML Black Knight, it's like 600.00, with an original Floyd Rose, body binding, it's an awesome metal guitar, (even though it's made of wood!!)
i dont think the dean black knight is for me im gonna go check out the jackson now but the name dinky?!?! that makes it seem weak
Shop around. You could probably get a used Japanese Ibanez for $500 or less. I got my 2001 S520WNF, which retailed for $1000 when it came out, for $350 at Guitar Center. They just wanted to get rid of it, so look around at your local shops or on eBay and you could probably find a great deal.
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Fender Highway One Honey Blonde Strat (Fralin Pickups)
*Epiphone Zephyr Regent (Gibson '57 Humbucker)
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
Quote by l3estever
i dont think the dean black knight is for me im gonna go check out the jackson now but the name dinky?!?! that makes it seem weak

The Dinky is a great guitar which you should seriously consider.

Keep in mind that guitars with Floyd Rose type bridges are a hassle to tune, but will stay in tune (if set up properly) until the strings break.

Jackson DXMG

Jackson DK2

Jackson RR3 If you like BFMV/Trivium you could get a V.

LTD MH-400

M-400

I would probably pick the MH-400, because I'm rather partial to ESP/LTD and I think it's a quality guitar. Plus, it's got the set-thru neck. Either way, I think you'd be fine with anyone of those guitars and if you don't want a trem, most of them have a non-trem version. I'd also suggest saving a bit more because it would really open up your possibilities to the LTDs and pro series Jacksons.
Quote by EGI_6661
well a schecter, Jackson, and ibanez are really good. thats wat i woul recommend.

schecters are crap, go with a jackson, if you only want to look but not sound metal B.C. rich is a good choice
Quote by vertigodown
schecters are crap, go with a jackson, if you only want to look but not sound metal B.C. rich is a good choice

You, sir, have obviously never played a good Schecter.
Quote by mrvile

This is UG, we love Schecters and Ibanez and Jacksons, we hate Deans and BCR's, we hate Marshall MG's, and everyone needs a new amp.
schecter c-1hellraiser
MyGear
Schecter Hellraiser (EMG 85/81 + 18v mod)
LTD SC-207 with EMG 707
Peavey 6505 Head
Some random Peavey 4x12 slant cab
Boss Chorus Ensemble + Boss DD-3 + Dunlop Crybaby Wah + Boss NS2
Quote by vertigodown

do NOT listen to vertigodown

do NOT get a B.C. Rich, they are utter **** unless you get the expensive custom shop ones or just the expensive ones in general

DO NOT GET A B.C. Rich

Schecters are good, jackson is good too, same with ibanez.
Why the hell does every kid want "metal" gear? Why can't they just get "good" gear?
Quote by slayer1516
Why the hell does every kid want "metal" gear? Why can't they just get "good" gear?

I agree with this: a good metal guitar is just one that you feel comfortable with and like the body specs of; pickups can be changed out for higher output modern voiced pickups if need be and body shape really doesn't matter.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by slayer1516

because it could quite possible a good semi-body guitar doesnt make good metal tones

or a good fender amp can't do metal

Product SPecialization my friend.

Jack of All Trades or Master of Some
Guitars-LEFTY
Bernie Rico Jr. Custom Jekyll
Schecter ATX
Schecter Tempest Cust.
Ibanez GIO
Amps
Laney VH100R-Sell/Trade?? pm me
Cube 15
Misc.
THD HOT plate Attentuator and other stuff
Quote by Krzy8
because it could quite possible a good semi-body guitar doesnt make good metal tones

or a good fender amp can't do metal

That's all very well and good but people don't seem to understand that just about any guitar can be a "metal" guitar or a "shred" guitar as long as you're comfortable with it and it produces the tone you want. Amps are different and not really for discussion in this forum anyway.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by l3estever
what metal guitar would u suggest for someone that only has about 500 dollars to spend on his guitar? it would probably be going to a roland cube 60 but I haven't settled on a new amp either but it seems people on this forum love it... ive tried out a 30 and its pretty cool with my friends esp/ltd guitar

so pretty much the best metal guitar/amp combo for 900 dollars

Really amps aren't valid?

Yes but it tends to help when the company focuses of thinnish neck, compound radii.

Fret sizes.

which i why you see a trend among genres and there guitars, i mean cosmetics have a big part to.

I mean sure some peeps can shred on a Tele, can many others do that no?

Guitars tend to be geared toward something, sure you can change 'em but if you don;t have to, all the better!
Guitars-LEFTY
Bernie Rico Jr. Custom Jekyll
Schecter ATX
Schecter Tempest Cust.
Ibanez GIO
Amps
Laney VH100R-Sell/Trade?? pm me
Cube 15
Misc.
THD HOT plate Attentuator and other stuff
In my experience, Schecters and Jacksons sound best for Metal, as does esp.ltd. But to have a good esp/ltd imo, you would have to go over budget. I dont like Ibanez really, but they do make some good guitars. If i were you i would check out the Dinkys and the Hellraiser. Perhaps some Ibanez S series.
Gear:
Jackson DKMG
Yamaha Acoustic
Knockoff Strat
Vox AD30VT
Boss MT-2
Crybaby wah
Boss DD-3

The Ultra Balls. Throw them.

Member of the ANTI-IBANEZ MILITIA!
http://www.samash.com/catalog/showitem.asp?ItemPos=1&TempID=2&Department ID=1&STRID=1175&CategorySubID=681&CategoryID=681&BrandID=0&CategorySubPriceRangeID=0&pagesize=10&SortMethod=3&Method=3&PriceRangeID=0&SearchPhrase=&Contains=&Search_Type=Department&GroupCode=&categorysubsearch=true

what about the kh202? is it just utter crap?

and i was looking at this jackson dinky at samash

dinky
the reason i do samash is because thats the closest music store to me and i would prefer to play it before i buy it
Quote by Krzy8
Really amps aren't valid?

Yes but it tends to help when the company focuses of thinnish neck, compound radii.

Fret sizes.

which i why you see a trend among genres and there guitars, i mean cosmetics have a big part to.

I mean sure some peeps can shred on a Tele, can many others do that no?

Guitars tend to be geared toward something, sure you can change 'em but if you don;t have to, all the better!

I meant this isn't the place to discuss amps, yes amps are more specialized but that's a thread for the gear forum.

Neck size, fret size and all that doesn't make a huge amount of different; either you can shred or you can't, a different guitar won't change that. I can shred on teles and I suck.

As far as I'm concerned the most important thing about a guitar is the feel of it, beyond the basic wood and specs everything else can be changed. Yes it's nice if you don't have to but if you like the feel of a guitar then you can change everything else about it to meet your tonal requirements.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Quote by l3estever
cmon stop starting trouble

All I'm trying to say is that everyone's definition of a good metal guitar might be completely different; some people prefer a set neck Les Paul and some people like a bolt-on Ibanez RGA, it's all down to taste so the best thing you can do it to go out and try as many guitars as you can until you find one you like the feel of, then if the pickups or whatever don't give you the metal tone you want you can change those but the most important thing is the feel.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Something from the Ibanez RG series. Really sweet guitars (Y)
Quote by tubetime86

Nothing compliments a Gibson Les Paul Custom quite like a Fender Frontman 15R

Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
All I'm trying to say is that everyone's definition of a good metal guitar might be completely different; some people prefer a set neck Les Paul and some people like a bolt-on Ibanez RGA, it's all down to taste so the best thing you can do it to go out and try as many guitars as you can until you find one you like the feel of, then if the pickups or whatever don't give you the metal tone you want you can change those but the most important thing is the feel.

Totally. I mostly play metal, and my SG does metal great. It's also probably not made for metal, I am just very comfortable with it, and I can make it do what I want.
LTD JD 600
Fender Celtic Esquire
Ibanez RGA7
Schecter S-1 Elite
Line 6 FM4
KORG Pitchblack
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Wah
Ibanez TS-9
ISP Decimator
Peavey 6505 Halfstack
Marshall 1960b Cab
Line 6 POD X3 Live
The guitar you use for metal doesn't matter. Cubes are nice, but get a new amp if you want br00t4lz.
Quote by GuitaristTrue
do NOT listen to vertigodown

do NOT get a B.C. Rich, they are utter **** unless you get the expensive custom shop ones or just the expensive ones in general

DO NOT GET A B.C. Rich

Schecters are good, jackson is good too, same with ibanez.

x2

I know from experience. I have a warlock that while for a beginner's guitar is ok but when compared to everything else is utter ****. Do yourself a favor and get an esp,dean, or jackson.

The only good b.c. riches are the hella expensive ones and even then there are guitars for the same money that are better.
-----
Currently using:
B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Jr. V
B.C. Rich Revenge Warlock
Bugera 6262 212 120 Watt amp :

Coming soon:
B.C. Rich Pro X Mockingbird Hardtail
i would like to know an exact model to get

and i believe a guitar does make a difference, the amp is only part of it
Quote by l3estever
i would like to know an exact model to get

and i believe a guitar does make a difference, the amp is only part of it

you can shred on a Hello Kitty guitar and make it sound good if you have the right amp.
If its the first guitar you get try The Schecter Blackjacks come with blackouts right out the box. Tasty
Whoever it was that said feel is the most important is right. I bought a CHEAP BC Rich Virgin 7-string for $200, dropped some 707s in it, and it became my daily driver for a couple of years. Feels, plays, and sounds great. It has now been displaced by my old beater Gibson Sonex that I just dropped a SD Blackouts Metal and EMG 89 into.

If you don't have a big budget, find a cheap guitar that feels good to you, then soup it up like an old Vega with a V8.
BC Rich Mockingbird Supreme
BC Rich Wave
BC Rich Virgin 7-string (w EMG 707s)
Parker Fly Deluxe Hardtail
Gibson Sonex (Blackouts Metal and EMG 89)

Guitar Rig
Ableton Live
alright thanks... i was thinking about maybe getting an sg... i see a lot of hardcore bands play with them
Page 1 of 2