hey guys, i really wanna pair of kerry king pickups in my les paul which has the stock, passive pups, so, i was wondering, how hard is it to wire them up and make the cavity for the battery?

any tutorials or anything liek that much appreciated
thanks, btw, i did search

also, anyone have any experience with these? i think they sound pretty badass but ive never tried any emg's
Quote by murshell
hey guys, i really wanna pair of kerry king pickups in my les paul which has the stock, passive pups, so, i was wondering, how hard is it to wire them up and make the cavity for the battery?

any tutorials or anything like that much appreciated
thanks, btw, i did search

also, anyone have any experience with these? i think they sound pretty badass but ive never tried any emg's

I think the distortion is great but the cleans are crap. I could be wrong however.
LTD JD 600
Fender Celtic Esquire
Ibanez RGA7
Schecter S-1 Elite
Line 6 FM4
KORG Pitchblack
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Wah
Ibanez TS-9
ISP Decimator
Peavey 6505 Halfstack
Marshall 1960b Cab
Line 6 POD X3 Live
well its kerry kings pups so its probably not that great on cleans but still thats not what your buying them for.
unless you have experience with soldering and wireing i'd leave it to a professional, the pots have to all be switched in order for the active circut, just get it done right by someone, then you dont have to screw around with it, i have an 81/85 combo in my guitar and its great for metal, the cleans on the 85 arent too bad as well. the only difference with the kerry king set is its got the afterburner which adds extra gain. Oh btw idk what kind of music you play but if you do alot of drop tuning i'd suggest putting the 85 in the bridge, it sounds much heavier, but if your doing standard tunining slayer/metallica and stuff just stick to the 81 in the bridge.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey XXX 60 watt combo
Ibanez TS9 Tubescreamer

Quote by Twist of fate
You're not racist, only black people are.

Quote by clincher09
Ah yes, you have a condition that many guys live with and are affected by everyday. It's called a penis.
Quote by SkateEmerica987
unless you have experience with soldering and wireing i'd leave it to a professional, the pots have to all be switched in order for the active circut, just get it done right by someone, then you dont have to screw around with it, i have an 81/85 combo in my guitar and its great for metal, the cleans on the 85 arent too bad as well. the only difference with the kerry king set is its got the afterburner which adds extra gain. Oh btw idk what kind of music you play but if you do alot of drop tuning i'd suggest putting the 85 in the bridge, it sounds much heavier, but if your doing standard tunining slayer/metallica and stuff just stick to the 81 in the bridge.

ya its going in my les paul that i only use for drop tuning and i leave my ibanez in standard but ill switch them out some other day

but cool, thanks guys!
and no there wont be too many cleans with this
If you can get ahold of a tapped set, like the newer Schecters, the 08 line specifically, the cleans are absolutely AMAZING!

But other than that, they're great for metal, but you'll have to tweak your clean settings alot to get a good tone for clean if you dont have the tapped ones.

Get it professionally done btw, that way you dont **** up your guitar, that is, unless you absolutely know what you're doing.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

EMG 81's are brutal but i've never tried a 85.

Don't mess around with your guitar, definately get a pro to do it
- Duvmunch
- Jackson RR24
- Marshall VS100 + Marshall 1960A Cab
Quote by Duvmunch
EMG 81's are brutal but i've never tried a 85.

Don't mess around with your guitar, definately get a pro to do it

i have a vista and an xp, i think the vista pwns by far,

but my xp's kind slow

so idk, but still ya
You'll also need to replace your input jack with a Stereo jack for active pickups, and possibly need some of the cavity routed for room.
2008 Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Currently amp-less!

Fund My GAS