hey, can anyone tell me any cool sound effects you can do with a strat styled guitar. Nothing but the guitar and the amp can be used! i want to know these because i am planning to buy a fender floyd stratocaster, with a humbucker in the bridge position and a maple fretboard (yay! maple fretboard! :dance. it will have 2 tone controls and a master volume (note that if you are unfamiliar with the strat layout. Yeah, like anybody wouldnt be! ) thanks.
yeah its called playin guitar and it is one of the hard tricks to do

any thing you can do on any other guitar will be the same
except the killswitch using a 3-way switcher
Gear:
Fender MIA Strat w/EMG SA's
Fender Super 60
Boss RT-20 Rotary Sim
Ibanez AD-9 Analog Delay
EHX Big Muff

"Doctor Kindly Tell Your Wife
That I'm Alive, Flowers Thrive
Realise, Realise, Realise"
Last edited by enemy120 at Aug 12, 2008,
behind the nut bends.. uhh theres alot of cool things you can do on any guitar like harmonics
turn the tone down on one pup, and max on the other, then switch between the to
i mean like making it sound like something other than the guitar. i saw a lesson on line that showed how to make a bell sound on your guitar. stuff like that.
Theres lots you can do with a Floyd, like Vai's horse noises, the engine rev effect, divebombs, lots of stuff. theres even an article on here about guitar sound effects/tricks. check that out.
Do rapid hamerons and pullofs on the g string, then lightly rest your picking hand near the bridge and slide it forward towards the fret board, it should produces different harmonics as you move forward

Dump the tremolo arm, pick a harmonic, then raise the bar up. Dimebag Squeelies

Take the bar off the bridge, mute the strings high up the neck, then use the bar to pick across the strings starting at the high E over the neck pu. DragonForce's "Pac Man Noise"

Pick a note, and slap the tremolo arm. WarRrRrRble.

Pick a note around the 3rd fret, and start sliding up the neck. As you slide, lower the bar to try and maintain a constant pitch. This is Satrianis "Lizard down your Throat" Trick.

Those are a few of my favourites.
Quote by SiegeCrew
why would you care if its not even musical?
look at hendrix. he tried to get every thing he could do with his guitar to be put into music and performance! it can be just as musical as anything else. and plus, it sounds cool! and p.s. it doesnt have to sound like something other than the guitar. it just has to sound coolish! like what that one guy suggested about the tone. now my infamous SMILEY OF SHAME!
Quote by 5150rando
look at hendrix. he tried to get every thing he could do with his guitar to be put into music and performance! it can be just as musical as anything else. and plus, it sounds cool! and p.s. it doesnt have to sound like something other than the guitar. it just has to sound coolish! like what that one guy suggested about the tone. now my infamous SMILEY OF SHAME!
he didnt really. he didnt do any tricks... he just pulled really hard on the whammy bar.
Quote by Tubyboulin
Do rapid hamerons and pullofs on the g string, then lightly rest your picking hand near the bridge and slide it forward towards the fret board, it should produces different harmonics as you move forward

Dump the tremolo arm, pick a harmonic, then raise the bar up. Dimebag Squeelies

Take the bar off the bridge, mute the strings high up the neck, then use the bar to pick across the strings starting at the high E over the neck pu. DragonForce's "Pac Man Noise"

Pick a note, and slap the tremolo arm. WarRrRrRble.

Pick a note around the 3rd fret, and start sliding up the neck. As you slide, lower the bar to try and maintain a constant pitch. This is Satrianis "Lizard down your Throat" Trick.

Those are a few of my favourites.
thanks man, but already knew' um!
Quote by SiegeCrew
then whyd you ask? you should try to make your own tricks. and why would you care if you dont have it now?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtUiQJc7ZMI
hey... havent you dragged on me before this thread? dude please! my musical intrests are my own. i havent tried to force anyone to change there ways,or got mad at them for it. as ive said before on my profile, SPREAD THE LOVE! ppl need to support each other! and now for... THE SMILEY OF SHAME! :noh yeah and i already had known THOSE tricks.
Quote by 5150rando
hey... havent you dragged on me before this thread? dude please! my musical intrests are my own. i havent tried to force anyone to change there ways,or got mad at them for it. as ive said before on my profile, SPREAD THE LOVE! ppl need to support each other! and now for... THE SMILEY OF SHAME!

seriously, did you even watch that video. i was trying to help, but whatever.
Quote by SiegeCrew
seriously, did you even watch that video. i was trying to help, but whatever.
oh sorry. but you sounded a little bit peaved at me! and thanks for the vid. (which i watched.) now i get the smiley of shame... thats me! lol
for a perfect impression of an england police siren play 20p13h20p13h20p13 etc on the B string. Hammer hard, when you get the pressure of the hons and poffs right and have your tone set right your entire neighborhood will be peeking out their windows looking for an ambulance or something
look into volume swells, there pretty awesome, eassier with one master volume because u can have both pickups, and use the same tone controls u were anywhay, u set the volume to zero, u pluck ya note, then slowly raise the volume and then lower it back to zero before plucking another note
Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.
Quote by bananahammock
look into volume swells, there pretty awesome, eassier with one master volume because u can have both pickups, and use the same tone controls u were anywhay, u set the volume to zero, u pluck ya note, then slowly raise the volume and then lower it back to zero before plucking another note

Look at previous post dates and judge whether or not it's within a reasonable time frame of the current date and post a response if you still think the ts will give a ****. No offence to you personally but you know do you think the ts would still be interested near a year later?
yes lol, i found a much more posted in thread which was basicsally the same thing, and checked it all the time for over a year and learnt loade s of cool new techniques, from herman ri's pacman to volume swells
Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.
Quote by bananahammock
yes lol, i found a much more posted in thread which was basicsally the same thing, and checked it all the time for over a year and learnt loade s of cool new techniques, from herman ri's pacman to volume swells

You really aren't serious are you? I mean those tricks are easily found on youtube along with a lot of other guitar tricks which would of been useful to to the ts about 11 months back but now not so much.

Bolded bits you should take note of imo
i've heard of where you can balance the selector in the middle of the 5 possitions, i tried it and it didn't work too well.
FEEDBACK!
There are SO many things you can do with feedback.Or bend the neck a little.
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
Quote by mrshinyshoes2
i've heard of where you can balance the selector in the middle of the 5 possitions, i tried it and it didn't work too well.

No, as far as I know that trick is used when you have the original 3 way selector (Neck, Middle Bridge) not the modern 5 way. Before the 5 way was introduced, they would jam the selector between neck and middle and middle and bridge to get what you get on the 5 way selector.

TS:

Volume swells, feedback control, pacman noises, lizard down your throat, etc. There aren't really many ways of making a guitar sound not like a guitar in a music sense aside from controlling feedback. Hendrix on the Lulu show after Voodoo Child did this awesome screech feedback sound that sounded pretty sweet. Volume Swells can make a nice violin tone (Yngwie's Echo Etude, there is a Vai song that uses the volume swell to do it a bit faster, Eric Johnson's 1988 Are You Experienced cover during the solo to make it sound like it's backwards).

Just fool around till you find something.
Well to whoever said bending behind the nut, good luck trying to do that on a Floyd equipped guitar

Anyways, if you're buying a Fender Strat with a Floyd I don't think Fender routes out the body on any of their guitars so the bridge can float and you can do high pull ups. Instead the bridge's ass sits on the body which is a good thing in my opinion. Better tone, sustain and easier to change tunings. I didn't know Fender made a Floyd equipped Strat with a maple fingerboard, the only one I know of is the MiM version but it has a rosewood board
Got any pictures?

Oh and by the way, Mr. Herman Ree stole his little elephant noise from Ed Van Halen and he's not even doing it right. Its done on 3 natural harmonics, not 2. Its supposed to be on the 5th, 7th and 12th frets on the G, B and high e strings
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Hammer on/pull off on a pentatonic lick and wiggle the whammy man. Oh, and try swells, like pick a note with the volume off and bring it up slowly. I have no clue if the Floyd has springs in the back of the guitar, but if you slide the pick down those while you fret a chord, or after playing something, it sounds rad.
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.