Amazing band from Finland, their guitarists are really good and their first record sounds like COB (I have yet to compare this since I haven't heard it yet) Also their lead singer is with Ensiferum now, which I thought was pretty cool.

www.myspace.com/norther
Norther are awesome
If you're a fan, check out Kalmah, Mors Principium Est, Insomnium, The Wake, Slowmotion Apocalypse, Profugus Mortis, Raunchy, Serpent, Watch Me Fall, Shadow and Skyfire. I can recommend a few others on request too
ohai little sig.
Quote by Demonikk
Norther are awesome
If you're a fan, check out Kalmah, Mors Principium Est, Insomnium, The Wake, Slowmotion Apocalypse, Profugus Mortis, Raunchy, Serpent, Watch Me Fall, Shadow and Skyfire. I can recommend a few others on request too

Oh yeah keep em coming, MPE i've heard of, and Kalmah's great, waaay closer to COB than I expected but still very good, I have 3 of their records.
(going through my media library) Pain Confessor, Kill the Romance, Lords of Decadence, Lunarsea, Made of Hate, Mendeed, Misery Speaks, Mygrain, Naildown, Neaera, Night in Gales, Nightrage, Non-Human Level, Noumena, Sacrilege, Soilwork, Sonic Syndicate, Sorrow of Tranquillity, Subliminal Fear, Symbol of Obscurity, System Shock, Vespers Descent, Zonaria.
That should give you some good listening
ohai little sig.
Quote by Stoner0405
Kalmah destroys everything mentioned in this thread. I really like Norther though.

And Demonikk, I didn't know anyone else listened to myGRAIN. They're great.

I wouldn't really say that though, The Black Waltz to me was...different is the only way I could describe it, decent record but it didnt really make the impact the first 2 made, They Will Return is amazing though I will give you that.
I have Mirror Of Madness and it was a bit boring, do they have better albums?
- Duvmunch
- Jackson RR24
- Marshall VS100 + Marshall 1960A Cab
Comparing Norther to COB is really slapping Petri in the face. He is much better at making songs and vocals than COB will ever make.
: )
Quote by Duvmunch

+1 lol
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
Quote by Linqua5150
+1 lol

I like Mirrors Of Madness, I'm listening to it now, sounds a lot like Follow The Reaper really.
Hey guys, glad to see there's some Norther fans around here.
I have to say I think Mirror Of Madness is probably my favourite of their albums, although it's difficult to say as I like all thier albums. My favourite song right now from them is probably Last Breath from Dreams of Endless War.

Quote by Cjk10000
Comparing Norther to COB is really slapping Petri in the face. He is much better at making songs and vocals than COB will ever make.

I agree. There is far too many people, especially on youtube, who compare them to Children of Bodom. I like both bands it's a shame that comparisons always have to be made...
I really like Kristian's clean vocals, but live, I dont know if its because he doesn't know how to balance it, it sounds like he's just singing the notes and his accent comes out, but in the studio he really shines as a vocalist.
Quote by Cjk10000

I won't compare CoB and Norther as they are both good bands, but they are not the same. Same style, different music. I can tell a Norther song from a Bodom one no problem. (probably because I've listened to every Bodom song probably 100000000 times each ahahah) But I will say, to me, (other than frozen angel) I find Norther gets old after awhile, while CoB I could listen to forever and it would always sound new. (doesn't make sense I know) which is why CoB is my favorite band.
the only Norther album i like is Dreams of Endless War. all the other ones ive heard are slow, boring and weak and dont have the continual impact of 'this is awesome!' that songs like Victorious One, Last Breath and Endless War do.

Norther, Kalmah, Quo Vadis, Skyfire and Mors Principium Est is the only melodic death that i really like. maybe throw Carcass in there too but they all sound FAR too distinct from each other to compare really.
^definitely check out Insomnium as well.

These guys are alright in short bursts (like you said, they have a few really good songs amidst a bunch of boring shit.)
Quote by Duvmunch

All of them

Quote by Cjk10000

I agree
Norther is also way more melodic
They have a few good songs, N is probably their most decent album, other than that, some pretty boring stuff
Oh and nice recommendations Demonikk