Going to be ordering one of these two within the next day or so. I have not been able to play an elitist, but from what i have read (internet?) the quality is on par with gibson.

The only thing that concerns me with the elitist is the pickups, i do not know alot (or have heard alot) about them. I have played several regular Epis and like them, the pickups in the standard seem very versatile, able to do basically everything. I did read, however, that the pickups in the elitist are more mellow and won't really go beyond hard rock.

Looking for some adivce/opinions from owners/those who have played the elitist. Are the pickups really that soft? Also do you feel it is worth the extra 600 over the standard?

Thanks guys
yes it's worth it by a lot. MIJ>>>MIC, not to mention it's a 2 piece back and a full maple top with standard parts.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
If you ever have a chance to get something that is great get it.

So get the Elitelist
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
from what ive heard the elitist can be compared to lower-end gibsons such as the studio, special, etc.

the elitist would sound better then the standard because the pups are MIA (i think) by gibson

(correct me if im wrong)
Epiphone Les Paul Classic
Marshall MG100DFX *SOLD* REPLACED WITH PEAVEY CLASSIC 30
Boss GT-8
Breedlove AD/25 SR Plus

I'm TOOcool for sigs
I would have gotten the elitist LP but my gibson was about the same price and my guitar had an ebony fretboard. The rosewood board just looks wierd. If you like it, I'd get the standard sunburst with the black to natural flame top. I should have gotten it, but my explorer rocks.