Can you record with this thing? I was wondering if you can record a song then save it to your computer and upload the file to the internet or something of the sort. (put on CD, etc...) Or is this thing just a roomfull of amps and effects at your disposal. Do you have to buy some sort of expensive software to record? I was wondering before i spend the 50$ on it.
Thanks
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Artist
IbanezGXR20
Line 6 Spider ll 75
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Nano Small Stone
Alvarez FF60WR

Labyrinth Within
You can record with it. I use Audacity with mine. Audacity is free, but I'm sure you can use just about anything else with it.

There are clips on my profile if you want an idea of what it'd sound like.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
thanks dude. sounds good.
are there limits on the amount of recording and i heard some of the heavier amps sounded bad. what do you think?
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Artist
IbanezGXR20
Line 6 Spider ll 75
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Nano Small Stone
Alvarez FF60WR

Labyrinth Within
Quote by ibanez_2892
Can you record with this thing? I was wondering if you can record a song then save it to your computer and upload the file to the internet or something of the sort. (put on CD, etc...) Or is this thing just a roomfull of amps and effects at your disposal. Do you have to buy some sort of expensive software to record? I was wondering before i spend the 50$ on it.
Thanks

FIRST:
R&R is the proper form for recording questions and advice, next time post there and this probably should be moved.

GearBox is only the software and driver support for the Toneport interface and Guitar Ports, (the hardware bits). Gearbox models FX and amps and does and OK job....(not great by any means if you ask me).

The Toneport interfaces are good for ideas and small studios but around $200 you have better choices IMO.

Point is Gearbox doesnt record, the sequencer does. If you want to record you should get an audio interface and then you need a sequencer such as Audacity or Reaper.
Last edited by moody07747 at Aug 13, 2008,
gearbox is allso the software for guitarport whitch allows you to use your computer as an amp