Welp I'm starting to get into bending but I am struggling with parts like this in various songs I am working on, here's what it looks like:

|----------12----------12---------------------|
|-------12----------12------------------------|
|-14b16-------14b16---------------------------|
|---------------------------------------------|

I get confused what I should be doing on the 14b16 12 12, what I am doing now is upstroke bend up with ring finger, then downstroke 12th B string with index and upstroke 12th E string with index flattened to bar, basically regular alternate picking but a bit faster-- is this right?? I am finding I can't get it to sound right if I do two downstrokes on the 12th fret, I end up going too fast like an arpeggio. I am running into this little tiny lick in various songs and don't wanna learn it the wrong way

Thanks for any help.
too lazy to read all that.

you use your ring finger to bend the 14 to a 16, and bar down the 12th fret with your index (1st) finger. all downstrokes.

by the way, what is that from?
lol, Thanks for your help jess2112, I'm going to have to work on it with downstrokes then. And that is from the Nothing Else Matters solo
Quote by michaelscofield
lol, Thanks for your help jess2112, I'm going to have to work on it with downstrokes then. And that is from the Nothing Else Matters solo

can't believe i didn't know that. i love that song. learned some of that recently.