hi i am trying to learn to not anchor my picking hand and was wondering is there any certain exrcises i can do to help break my habit instead of just playing slow with metrenomes?

any help will be appreciated
Do the same exercises you would normally do just be conscious of not anchoring your picking hand. That is about all you can do.
Originally posted by arrrgg
When my grandpa comes over to visit, after his shower, he walks around naked to dry off
Quote by guitarnoob243
hi i am trying to learn to not anchor my picking hand and was wondering is there any certain exrcises i can do to help break my habit instead of just playing slow with metrenomes?

any help will be appreciated

just play music & stop anchoring.

there is no magic exercise that will help you stop. You just have to focus on it and be patient as it wont happen in 1 practice session.
shred is gaudy music
Quote by GuitarMunky
just play music & stop anchoring.

there is no magic exercise that will help you stop. You just have to focus on it and be patient as it wont happen in 1 practice session.

of course it wont go away in 1 session i was just wondering if there wer an exercises to help me improve my accuracy
Any exercise that is alternate picking and a slow tempo metronome is about it. Of course while concentrating on not anchoring.
Originally posted by arrrgg
When my grandpa comes over to visit, after his shower, he walks around naked to dry off