Page 1 of 2
DUE TO ME ON AUG 25, chikadees.

Alright kiddies, we're gonna try this.

I'm gonna limit this to 6 people; all 6 people are going to have to be approved by me following these criteria:

1) A regular to both the main forum and having participated in at least one S&L comp this season
2) Having a definable style. For instance, Jammys taste for nature images and dark romanticism in flowing lines (etc)
3) Must have posted more than 5 pieces on the main forum so that we have a decent selection to draw and idea of style from.

Due to the fact that this comp is quite selective and doesn't really allow newcomers, I will only make this a 3,2,1 point comp so that it isn't too overpowering.

So: to sign up. Leave 5 links to pieces that you have posted that you feel best demonstrate your style and writing ideology. If you like, you may also leave a few thoughts on the process you usually go through during writing so that the other person may draw some of your zen. Then, once this is done... I will randomly pair everyone up with another name and set a due date. We'll go from there.

* = called
-alsjbdkabsdkab = I have your piece
1) zC*-alsjbdkabsdkab
2) bassbeat77*-alsjbdkabsdkab
3) Bluesybilly*-alsjbdkabsdkab
4) Daemonika *-alsjbdkabsdkab
5) billyjson*-alsjbdkabsdkab
6) eaglestalon101*-alsjbdkabsdkab
7) Fly,Marlowe*
8) Fate Of Mind*-alsjbdkabsdkab
9) Garb*-alsjbdkabsdkab
10) shagitup*-alsjbdkabsdkab

My links:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=899928
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=893365
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=925846
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=922895
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=904899
Last edited by bassbeat77 at Aug 12, 2008,
Last edited by bluesybilly at Aug 13, 2008,
On the eight day we spoke back...

let there be sound.
Last edited by Billyjson at Aug 13, 2008,
Vivamus mea Lesbia, atque amemus,
rumoresque senum seueriorum
omnes unius aestimemus assis!
I'm sure I won't qualify, and most of the pieces I'd like best to display aren't on UG, but ah, well. Such is the face of these matters.

1: Raze the Roof
2: Love is Blue
3: Something, Something
4: In regards to a wardrobe; Dear Mme. Lewis--
5: I do not trust the spirit.
I owe a ton of people critiques.

If you're one of them, please PM me.

I have trouble keeping track.
Last edited by Fly, Marlowe at Aug 13, 2008,
In. If I qualify, that is...

Check out the pieces in my signamadoody to figure that one out

Also, my 'zen' usually includes headphones + loud music (of typically any style.. Incubus to Behemoth to Death Cab For Cutie to HORSE The Band to whatever), and ideal munching foods (i.e. chips).

It's a fairly simplified zen
Last edited by Fate_of_Mind at Aug 13, 2008,
Can't we just, pic a reg to mimic?

That's less strict, and you could have more people. The reg's username should be at the end of the piece, like By zC or something at the end, so we know who's being mimiced, but not who wrote it.
EDIT: I think half of the fun in this is seeing how others mimic you and I think by letting everyone pick their own person we won't get that effect because some people will get left out.

Let's do this. Everyone who has posted in so far will be in. I think its a fair sample.

Everyone call someone from the list who they are going to mimic. First come first serve. Make sure everyone gets someone, and I'll take who ever is the last to be picked to be mimicked. Then take the sample from the 5 pieces posted and construct a piece from there. We'll make them do on the 25th. Also, at the end of your piece go ahead and add a:

"By: *name of person you mimicked*" For good measure

Good enough?
This will be tough,
I only know two of you very well as writers.

Can I chose you first, zC?
Yours would be a fun style to attempt.

let there be sound.
god, my first three picks are already matched XD

Um... I don't know. *facepalm*

I don't believe it works that way. Picking someone doesn't mean they have you, so at the moment only zC and bass are called.

let there be sound.
Hmm. I don't really care who I do. So I'll let others go first, then choose out of those left.. I'm so indecisive. lol

Also, I just thought of the fact that I'm not sure if I'm considered a usual. So, you can kick me out if you want. lol
Quote by Billyjson
I don't believe it works that way. Picking someone doesn't mean they have you, so at the moment only zC and bass are called.

in that case, dibs on you.

I guess I'll take bluesybilly
This will be interesting. I'll probably be watching this one, though it would be cooler if you could just pick any reg, I'd love to see someone try to mimic Randy, Matt, or Steve.
I am utterly failing at emulating billy. XD

I haven't tried anything slam-esque in a long, long time.

Quote by Fly, Marlowe
I am utterly failing at emulating billy. XD

I haven't tried anything slam-esque in a long, long time.

I was curious if that's how they came across. I don't have slam poetry in mind when I write but many of them could work well I suppose.

If it helps: I write outside, with a notepad, on rainy days when it's quiet but when there's no rainbows anywhere, 4pm or later, but only on Mondays or Fridays if I don't have work (during the summer).

let there be sound.
Last edited by Billyjson at Aug 14, 2008,
Quote by Jammydude44
Can't we just, pic a reg to mimic?

That's less strict, and you could have more people. The reg's username should be at the end of the piece, like By zC or something at the end, so we know who's being mimiced, but not who wrote it.

Looks like you included yourself
Quote by Jammydude44
I never inned lol.

Look on the front page,

apparently zC thought you inned....you, sir, are on the list
I feel sorry for whoever has to mimic me.

And I'm still not sure of who to mimic... But by process of elimination, I guess I've got Daemon. Awesome.
god damn. i wish i didn't miss this. probably the only writing comp. i've ever liked the look of. *kicks self*.
Page 1 of 2