Page 1 of 2
it's cool, but if they ever put something like that into production it would be expensive as hell
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
Damn, that's a lot of sustian. But it wouldn't be really expensive to make...
Weekend Warrior
1. Not too different from a neck through, really.
2. The reason the LP isn't sustaining is the setup. Has nothing to do with construction, there's just a dead spot. If he didn't bend it would sustain.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
wow that's amazing. But I agree with the dead spot comment. It's a les paul for god's sake!!! spinal tap does not lie.
Quote by forsaknazrael
You should probably mug John Frusciante or Ritchie Blackmore. They're small guys, we could take 'em.

Just look out for that other guy in the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Will Farrel. He's a tall mofo, got a long reach.

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

i guess at the end of the day noone even needs over 5 seconds of sustain unless you are spinal tap lol
They had to have wasted sooooooooo much material to make that guitar.
Jackson DKMGT Dinky
Randall RG50TC
Roland Micro-Cube
Boss DS-1
Boss MT-2
Would a one piece guitar really make sustain last that long? I cant see it being a whole lot different than maybe a neck through.....

I love his 'guitar face' lol

and yeah, I can get longer sustain out of my epiphone as compared to his Gibson....
You could hear the amp feedbacking and thats why it sustained for so long. See when he does it with the Les Paul he starts to get a bit of feedback so he moves away from the amp.
^+1

And when he bends he chockes the not on purpose on the les paul. And TBH, the les paul sounds so much nicer.
Well that guitar isnt a one peice, it has a rose wood fretboard lol

I would be impressed if some one could make one with out a seperate fretboard, that would be intence workmanship, and the wood selection would have to be very particular, quarter sawn throughout the entire guitar to keep the 1 peice neck from warping.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
That thing about the sustain is bulls**t. Hes not letting the les paul sustain coz hes turning away from the amp. Check out where he is in comparison to the amp when hes playing the lp then where he is when hes playing the one piece guitar. Hes stuud in the sweet spot with the one piece.

I think its pointless. A good set neck joint can easily be as good as a through neck. Its a massive waste of wood and time.
Wow what a waste of the brazillian rainforest. Silly man.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Quote by jscustomguitars
That thing about the sustain is bulls**t. Hes not letting the les paul sustain coz hes turning away from the amp. Check out where he is in comparison to the amp when hes playing the lp then where he is when hes playing the one piece guitar. Hes stuud in the sweet spot with the one piece.

I think its pointless. A good set neck joint can easily be as good as a through neck. Its a massive waste of wood and time.

+1

Just to prove it I took my 80 quid rally lp copy and recorded a quick sound clip of the sustain I get. I let it sustain for about 15 seconds and then I killed the note. Check it out in my profile, it's labled sustain.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/CorduroyEW/
Not taking any online orders.
They already make one piece basses. I forget the company name but they are kinda crazy looking with badass finishes on them. I'll look for a link..
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
what a tit. any guitar will sustain forever if you stand close enough to the amp and dont make sure you only play it on the one fret that it chokes on. i dont know.
That guy used what i said to be a 230 year old brazilian mahogany from the rain forest. He even said that his guitar is better than a PRS. Destroying forests to make guitars is not cool. But the guitar is nice. If i wanted i could also make an one piece guitar. I had a 3 meter piece of ash thick enough to make a guitar.
Quote by hooglebug
what a tit. any guitar will sustain forever if you stand close enough to the amp and dont make sure you only play it on the one fret that it chokes on. i dont know.

you mean feedback
Its easier to make a one piece guitar than do a bolt on or a set neck IMHO. Its a nice guitar yeah, nothin special. The guys a prick with a distorted sense of reality.
Quote by jscustomguitars
Its easier to make a one piece guitar than do a bolt on or a set neck IMHO. Its a nice guitar yeah, nothin special. The guys a prick with a distorted sense of reality.

lol i have an overdriven sense of reality. the guy is a prick tho i emailed and enquired once and he sent me about 50 emails back through different pseudonyms.
Quote by CorduroyEW
+1

Just to prove it I took my 80 quid rally lp copy and recorded a quick sound clip of the sustain I get. I let it sustain for about 15 seconds and then I killed the note. Check it out in my profile, it's labled sustain.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/CorduroyEW/

+1

I think 90% of everyone here saw right through that video's trickery.
Quote by superbadboy2
^If you screw up something while building an one piece guitar it would all be ruined.

I wouldnt screw it up
Quote by nebiru
They already make one piece basses. I forget the company name but they are kinda crazy looking with badass finishes on them. I'll look for a link..

Ritter basses is what you're thinking of.

What I don't get is, why he goes and sticks a trem on there if he wants sustain.
Quote by lumberjack
+1

I think 90% of everyone here saw right through that video's trickery.

Yeah. It's kind of impressive how much sites like UG have done to help people see thru the BS luthiers spouting in order to sell a product. People are not as naive as they were just 3 or 4 years ago.
Not taking any online orders.
Quote by superbadboy2
^If you screw up something while building an one piece guitar it would all be ruined.

Not really, if you f**ked the head stock up you could cut it off and scalf a new one on, if you f**ked up the neck, you could cut it off and route a pocket for bolt on neck or set neck, if you f**ked up the body you could cut the neck off for any design depending on the mistake. It wouldnt be the end of the world.

The guy does seem like a bit of a twat though.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Quote by thedonutman
Ritter basses is what you're thinking of.

What I don't get is, why he goes and sticks a trem on there if he wants sustain.

Thank you! I looked all over and couldn't find them anywhere.

This guy is a dumb douchebag... I watched some of his other videos and you could tell the sustain was dropping and he would hurry up and play a little blues lick to cover it up. I think he is using some kind of pedal sometimes also.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Quote by Absent Mind
Not really, if you f**ked the head stock up you could cut it off and scalf a new one on, if you f**ked up the neck, you could cut it off and route a pocket for bolt on neck or set neck, if you f**ked up the body you could cut the neck off for any design depending on the mistake. It wouldnt be the end of the world.

The guy does seem like a bit of a twat though.

I don't think you get the point. A "one piece guitar"?
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Quote by gooooog
why not just put big bastard emgs in it lol

that would be teh br00talz
the video is very decieving. the guitars likely have equal sustain, and hes just trying to say "look what i did, im important, its cool, my mommy didnt hug me enough so i need youtube attention to make up for it".

yeah its a cool idea, just gotta make sure your wood is dried and top-quality and it will be just as strong as any neck-through.

and its not a one piece guitar, its got a rosewood fingerboard. ive seen a ONE PIECE bass before, it was spectacular. i think it was made out of solid hard maple or some ridiculously strong wood. no truss rod or anything, built it 20 years ago and it still plays perfectly apparently.
Last edited by LP Addict at Aug 13, 2008,
Quote by jscustomguitars

You are a moron if you think it is easier to do there goofy .
Quote by Phazer
lol i have an overdriven sense of reality. the guy is a prick tho i emailed and enquired once and he sent me about 50 emails back through different pseudonyms.

Name calling ? Is this the best you can do ? You should just say thanks there mr. fricken distortion cause you are the guy with the distorted sense of reality .
Quote by Phazer

Your a LIAR ! I never sent you any psuedonyms you weak worthless goofball .
Quote by nebiru
Thank you! I looked all over and couldn't find them anywhere.

This guy is a dumb douchebag... I watched some of his other videos and you could tell the sustain was dropping and he would hurry up and play a little blues lick to cover it up. I think he is using some kind of pedal sometimes also.

Youre the Douchebag . Kiss me rightteous arse .
Quote by littlephil
You could hear the amp feedbacking and thats why it sustained for so long. See when he does it with the Les Paul he starts to get a bit of feedback so he moves away from the amp.

The video is spontaneous and there is no trickery you unbeliever , doubting Thomas . What the hell is wrong with you guys ? What is your fricken problem with this opposition to a better guitar design are you all idiots ????!!!
Quote by jscustomguitars

The only thing that is piontless is for you to keep moving your lips against the ultimate guitar design because you still are making guitars like they did 75 years ago and the time is come for a better guitar build which should have been done 20 years ago . The bolt on and glue on is now obsolete there quicklips . Why don't you go back in time and reinvent something other than your tired complaints against the greatest guitar design ever . It's people like you that get in the way instead of blazing a new path for guitar greatness . Your tired and you offer nothing new to the guitar world .
Quote by Johnny Rushmore
The only thing that is piontless is for you to keep moving your lips against the ultimate guitar design because you still are making guitars like they did 75 years ago and the time is come for a better guitar build which should have been done 20 years ago . The bolt on and glue on is now obsolete there quicklips . Why don't you go back in time and reinvent something other than your tired complaints against the greatest guitar design ever . It's people like you that get in the way instead of blazing a new path for guitar greatness . Your tired and you offer nothing new to the guitar world .

As skeptical as I am about the video, I haven't played the guitar so I won't make judgements. But these "obsolete" guitars are still selling, so how about you put your money where your mouth is, mass produce these guitars, and let the public decide whether they're so much better?
Quote by ML_Guitar09
Damn, that's a lot of sustian. But it wouldn't be really expensive to make...

Try finding a 13" by however long the guitar is piece of wood for a reasonable price. It is cool the whole guitar has no glue joints it's one piece of wood minus the fretboard so there's obviously got to be a difference.
Last edited by 420 FREAK at Oct 18, 2008,
Hahaha, I love this thread. It got so much better ever since Johnny Redwooddestroyer joined in on the fun. One day, when you're drunk, you'll drill a hole in the body large enough for your dick so you can **** it. It makes sense since you love the guitar so much. Just please be careful and clearcoat it first. I wouldn't want you to get 230 year old Brazilian Mahogany splinters. Ouch.

But in all seriousness, that is a pretty sweet guitar.
Page 1 of 2