Hey, me and my band will be recording soon and so we started to give the final touches to our sound. Now, the other guitar player will be using my Boss GT-8 to record, because he is not happy with his ZOOM sound. So we started to dial on some patches and improvise and he told me that it would be great if he could get a sound similar to the one of Mikael Åkerfeldt from Opeth for the solos. If anyone has some suggestions on how to make this happend I would be grateful if you could share, and any suggestions on recording and sound would also be welcomed
So thanks
EHX doesn't make anything you can use to DI record. And not too great for metal sounds, a little too much fuzz.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
Quote by Platinumcs
Zoom/Boss = not good
EHX = good

imho

I agree with the zoom, yet boss, or at least the gt-8 is great. EHX also gud, but too classoc rock for the tone que is looking for the recording
Quote by gwitersnamps
EHX doesn't make anything you can use to DI record. And not too great for metal sounds, a little too much fuzz.

I agree, but what do you suggest?
Quote by jojoel10
I agree, but what do you suggest?

TBH I have no idea. I don't know too much opeth, and the GT8 is a pretty complicated beast. Just some generic tips, get each part down individually. Don't make a sound with an amp/cab/delays etc and then edit it until it sounds right. Make the amp sound right, then add delay and make that sound right, etc.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
try the MS1959(I+II) with everything at 50 (ie. Bass -50 Mid- 50)

with a Tube Screamer

then EQ it properly. then if you got the sound you like tweak it even more with the EQ effect.
Epiphone Les Paul Classic
Marshall MG100DFX *SOLD* REPLACED WITH PEAVEY CLASSIC 30
Boss GT-8
Breedlove AD/25 SR Plus

I'm TOOcool for sigs
Quote by gwitersnamps

Uh...EHX Metal Muff with Top Boost

but yeah, no DI recording boxes =/
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK