This amazing guitar and its price tag just lost some of my interest when I saw its Edge III.

Is it possible to replace it with an Edge Pro? Or OFR?
Whats the difference between rose and edge?
Quote by Trefellin
Anyone with half a brain knows that Jesus is way more metal than Satan. Lucifer was the worlds very first emo.

Quote by glowinghamster4'

i just want to let you know that made my day.

Quote by Weaponized
Solid state master race
From what I understand, an Edge Pro will drop right into an Edge III route, and an OFR will fit just by sanding a few millimeters off the sides of the cavity.

Agreed though, it's a damn sexy guitar.
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
From what I understand, an Edge Pro will drop right into an Edge III route, and an OFR will fit just by sanding a few millimeters off the sides of the cavity.

Agreed though, it's a damn sexy guitar.

Thank god.

Looks like I got myself a brand new guitar with cash left over!
Don't spend your money on a new one until you experiment with it a bit.
I know everyone complains about the edge 3s, but I haven't had a single problem with mine.
Maybe I just got a good one, but try it before you instantly replace it.
And yes, an OFR should fit just fine
how long have you had said guitar with edge three?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I've never owned a guitar with an Edge III, but from reviews and friends guitars alone, the last thing I want to deal with is trem problems.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
only the ORIGINAL Floyd Rose will be a direct swap with an Edge III, even then it's some times hit or miss because not all the routings for the Edge III's are the same for some reason,
Quote by Ghold125
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
only the ORIGINAL Floyd Rose will be a direct swap with an Edge III, even then it's some times hit or miss because not all the routings for the Edge III's are the same for some reason,

That's new to me
Quote by oneblackened
how long have you had said guitar with edge three?
I got my xiphos right when it came out, and have had no problems with the trem system. Plays just fine, and holds tune pretty nicely. I changed out the pick ups though because I wasn't a big fan of the dimarzios.
frog_friend and WGP: UG's Kramer brotherhood

Ug's 4th ENGL endorser
Randy Rhoads is god
founder of the "ENGL amps" fanclub. PM me to join