Page 1 of 2
So today a girl died at our school.

Now all I hear people saying is how life won't be the same without her, and she will never be forgotten. Most of these people have never even talked to the girl. I understand that it is unfortunate for someone to die, but why even bother mentioning it if you didn't even know that person existed before they kicked the bucket?
Rag Mop Do Do Duh DoDo Dedo Do!!!!!

R_A_G_G_M_O_P_P

RAGMOP
i forget what a martyr is but it is a cool word, i notice this too
so when some i didnt know died and ppl are making a big deal of it i dont really give a rats ass

For Memories I'll Forget Tomorrow
Happens everywhere. A kid I talked to a few times and was really cool died just as we started talking more and suddenly EVERYONE is friends with him. It pissed me off but it passed quick.
They want attention.
/thread
EDIT i know this because a girl died at my school last year. Every 8th grade girl was crying and pretended to be close friends and mourn the loss of their dear child, when they actually never talked together. Except her actual friends, they didn't cry as much.
Last edited by cfhwarhead at Aug 12, 2008,
hmm i know what you're saying. if someone i didn;t know died i'd think wow that's very very sad and i wish their family the best etc. but i wouldn't make her a martyr like most people do.
People will not "forget" really, but they will stop talking about it. It will definitely pass, happens all the time.
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
A martyr is someone who died for a cause or religious idea.

What did she die for?
Quote by H^2

Wise words Trashfan.

trashfan
Quote by Chubbychunks
It's not going to be that great. Although particle physics does give me a hadron.
One word: Dimebag. A rednecked, average guitarist gets his brains blown out and suddenly every acne-ridden teen boy is crying and writing "R.I.P. Dime" on his binder.
Something like that happens and people have to say something. They just have to, you can't pretend it didn't happen. So what are they going to say? "Yeah, she died, but she didn't have much of an effect on me, won't make much of a difference". Probably not. Besides, every bit of contact with other people affects you life in some way, so yes, her death will affect people somehow and change their lives.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
You want to know one really good Martyr? Jesus Christ

Thank you Friedrich Nitzschie.
Quote by Godzilla1969
One word: Dimebag. A rednecked, average guitarist gets his brains blown out and suddenly every acne-ridden teen boy is crying and writing "R.I.P. Dime" on his binder.

You are a dumb shit. But when a musician dies, everyone tends to be like, o they are so great, when they have only heard the main single.
They want to seem compassionate and loving in order to score some ass.
Quote by cfhwarhead
You are a dumb shit. But when a musician dies, everyone tends to be like, o they are so great, when they have only heard the main single.

You know...you just agreed with him and yet you're calling him a dumb ****? how does that work? Its true anyway.
Quote by cfhwarhead

Why am I dumb? Did I strike a nerve? Go wash your face and take off your homemade "W3 M1SS U, D1M3!" t-shirt.
Quote by Godzilla1969
Why am I dumb? Did I strike a nerve? Go wash your face and take off your homemade "W3 M1SS U, D1M3!" t-shirt.

Knock it off man. That's a bit harsh. Truth is Dimebag was a good guitarist, and the fact that some people only like him cause he's dead doesn't change that fact.
sig goes here
Nobody seems to be making her into a martyr.
Quote by Tire Me.
Raping her in front of other people would be morally wrong.

Quote by Bubbles516
wtf290 uses make bubbles feel like crap
Its super effective!
I won't say "Why even bother mentioning it?" but rather why cram it so damn full of self-serving pseudocompassion it's flying out your ass? To acknowledge someone dying as bad is fine, but to assume a real connection with the person is nothing but lying and taking advantage of their inability to say otherwise.
Last edited by grampastumpy at Aug 12, 2008,
Quote by Skater901
Knock it off man. That's a bit harsh. Truth is Dimebag was a good guitarist, and the fact that some people only like him cause he's dead doesn't change that fact.

He was a stereotypical metal guitarist who had nothing to distinguish him from his peers. Big deal.
Quote by wtf290
Nobody seems to be making her into a martyr.

Just wait, last time this happened we had a moment of silence every day for a week. But, you're right Martyr really wasn't quite the right word.

R_A_G_G_M_O_P_P

RAGMOP
Quote by Godzilla1969
He was a stereotypical metal guitarist who had nothing to distinguish him from his peers. Big deal.

Oh yeah? And how much Pantera have you actually listened to? Groove man! He had groove, and lots of it.
sig goes here
A girl I knew just died as well. Say, where do you live?
Kind of nominated for Best Retired User.

Skepto > Oxygen
Quote by Godzilla1969

Stop making an ass of your self, Dimebag was fine and at least the people that cried over him had heard his work, some of these people that die in highschool are picked on until suicide and then everyone that never said a word in their defense is crying.
Quote by Skater901
Oh yeah? And how much Pantera have you actually listened to? Groove man! He had groove, and lots of it.

Just about enough to know that it was mindless, emotionless shit with dreadful tone.
Quote by JMack
A girl I knew just died as well. Say, where do you live?

AZ

R_A_G_G_M_O_P_P

RAGMOP
Quote by Red33
AZ

Eh, nevermind then, I'm in Oakland.
Kind of nominated for Best Retired User.

Skepto > Oxygen
Quote by Godzilla1969
Just about enough to know that it was mindless, emotionless shit with dreadful tone.

It amuses me how you're stating your opinion as though it's fact. However I'm fairly certain that it is a proven fact that Dimebag has influenced many modern metal bands with his groove metal style.
sig goes here
Quote by Godzilla1969
No one has to be unique for people not to be thrilled they are dead. In any case, he has something to seperate him now: he is dead.
Quote by Godzilla1969
...completely a matter of opinion.

Some people did proverbially fellate his decaying penis on no grounds other than that they liked his music and wanted attention, however. I'll give you that much.
Quote by Godzilla1969

i have never even listened to his music, but do you really need to hijack this thread and crap on about stuff is completely useless? i mean what makes your opinion so god damn important anyway?

Quote by That_Pink_Queen
Groll you're a bloody genius

Quote by a6l6e6x1
wow
im "talking" to the future greatest director in the world
PRIVELAGED

member #9 of "The Beatles really are the greatest

Metal Face productions! watch our movies!
http://www.metalface.tk/
I think you should just ignore this kind of people, man. Her real friends will mourn her, the others will fake it or not, it doesn't matter. It's always deeply sad when people die that young. As long as the people that want to look compassionate don't start to be annoying with the girl's family, just drop it. If you didn't know her and you feel wrong that her death doesn't affect you as much as some, you shouldn't, you're right and so are those who are sincerely shocked, even if they weren't friends of her (as for those who only take advantage of the situation to get attention, they don't deserve it).
Quote by Astyan
I think you should just ignore this kind of people, man. Her real friends will mourn her, the others will fake it or not, it doesn't matter. It's always deeply sad when people die that young. As long as the people that want to look compassionate don't start to be annoying with the girl's family, just drop it. If you didn't know her and you feel wrong that her death doesn't affect you as much as some, you shouldn't, you're right and so are those who are sincerely shocked, even if they weren't friends of her (as for those who only take advantage of the situation to get attention, they don't deserve it).

I don't feel wrong about it in the least. Actually I feel like I'm the only one acting normal, I was just as sympathetic when I heard about her death but I'm not going around saying I love her and miss her, because I don't, because she had no real connection to me.

R_A_G_G_M_O_P_P

RAGMOP
Quote by Red33
I don't feel wrong about it in the least. Actually I feel like I'm the only one acting normal, I was just as sympathetic when I heard about her death but I'm not going around saying I love her and miss her, because I don't, because she had no real connection to me.

Silence is probably the best solution. The people who are faking it and saying they miss her so much and all that are tools, but to say that it has no effect on you isn't tactful either. Simply say nothing if you have nothing to say.
sig goes here
Quote by Skater901
Silence is probably the best solution. The people who are faking it and saying they miss her so much and all that are tools, but to say that it has no effect on you isn't tactful either. Simply say nothing if you have nothing to say.

I just don't bring it up, I'm not going to go around saying how much I'll miss her, because I have never met her, ever, once.

R_A_G_G_M_O_P_P

RAGMOP
ive seen this happen before. its a bit silly. i mean i understand that its sad, but if i dont know the person that died, im not going to make a big deal out of it.
Quote by kevC4
wat

agreed...

Stop it.

A girl died a year ago at mine too. It was so rediculous. Kids that never knew her were trying to get our Soccer fields renamed after her and all that. So stupid.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Anyone else notice how it only seems that "popular kids who are friends with everyone" die? Whenever you see a student on the news has met a "tragic end," they're always described as being really nice, popular, and being someone that everyone likes.

No one wants to hear about the school bully that was hit by a car, or the shoplifter druggie who overdosed. That's not good news.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Page 1 of 2