Is there a difference? I know the G400 is based off the 61 model of the SG. From pictures I've seen, the SG standards now have a much more drastic bevel to the body shape, while my G400 only is beveled on the face.

Am I right, or are there just strange camera angles that make the Gibson SG's appear double beveled.

Also, is there any ergonomic reasoning for this? Or is it just aesthetic?
No, they're slightly different. Even the silhouette is a little different.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
Well, maybe I'm just seeing it wrong. Whenever I see a Gibson SG from the side, the bevel looked like it's coming from the front and back of the body. I'm pretty much talking about from the butt of the guitar.
Quote by gwitersnamps
No, they're slightly different. Even the silhouette is a little different.

Well, it's good to see I'm not completely insane!
I dunno, my SG is double beveled, and I think the G400 and SG come from the same mold. (Before you jump all over my a$$, I know they don't actually use a mold, it's a figure of speech )
Lefty Black Gibson SG Special with EMG 60/85
15w Laney Hard Core Max
SG Commando

Quote by donkey the wise
I think plod just won the thread. All 1,019 pages of it. Won.
theyre the same, cuz epiphone is owned by gibson, which means they make exact copies, unlike other companies that have to make them similar enuf to fool newbies
Quote by ihavenoname93
theyre the same, cuz epiphone is owned by gibson, which means they make exact copies, unlike other companies that have to make them similar enuf to fool newbies

Thats not true at all. TS has said that the SG standard and SG 61 RI have slightly different body shapes and has said that the G400 is based off the SG 61.
And its mainly just to avoid lawsuit.

Anyway I dont have a clue, I was always under the impression they were the same. But Ive only every played the G400.
Quote by beckyjc
Thats not true at all. TS has said that the SG standard and SG 61 RI have slightly different body shapes and has said that the G400 is based off the SG 61.
And its mainly just to avoid lawsuit.

Anyway I dont have a clue, I was always under the impression they were the same. But Ive only every played the G400.

But gibson does own epiphone and they wouldn't get sued for an exact copy if it were licensed by gibson, which most of epi's gibson models are.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender Acoustic-Electric CD140SCE
Ok gotcha.....just woke up ;P
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender Acoustic-Electric CD140SCE
Nice lookn guitar dude, looks so much better than my G400, especially that closeup of the fretboard.
RG's & Mesa's