I'm curious as to what you guys think about amp brands. From quality to features to looks, what your favorite/least favorite brands are.

I've tried out alot of different brands, and own a couple my self, and my favorite brands of amps are Orange, Kustom, and Randall.

Big names like Marshall and Krank are overrated/overpriced IMO.
*A list of all my gear*

Varg/J Mascis/GG Allin are all the same person.

There are two types of people in this world: people who like Bolt Thrower, and people who suck.

Death by diamonds and pearls.
Least Favorite:
Marshall, post-1990's

Favorite:
Pre-CBS Fender
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
First, no they aren't(overpriced) you get what you pay for, and Kustom's are pieces of ****.

Best amp brands for all genres (each for one)
Splawn
Marshall
Mesa
ENGL
Vox
Orange
Live Rig:
Ibanez Rg 150R w/ Duncan 59s
Marshall JCM2000 TSL60 Head
Mark IV Combo
Marshall 1960a Cab w/ Vintage 30s
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige w/ Duncan 59s
Jackson SLSMG Soloist
Currently in Ontario, Canada.

favorite:
line 6, crate

Least favorite:
Fender, Vox,
....................................................................................................................................................................................
I loved my friend's 72' Coupe. And I don't like ENGL one bit either.

Mesa/Boogie is great though.
*A list of all my gear*

There are two types of people in this world: people who like Bolt Thrower, and people who suck.

Quote by ConeShred
Big names like Marshall and Krank are overrated/overpriced IMO.

then why do you own one?

Even though they are overpriced, i like (some) Marshall, Mesa (contemplating buying a Stiletto right now), and Orange amps.

I've tried some Bogner ones that I like, Fender has a great clean sound, and Hughes & Kettner amps look awesome.

haven't really tried anything else...

oh and my least favourite are Line 6, Crate, the Marshall MG series and the Marshall Mode Four
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
i love me some hiwatt
Gear:
Fender MIA Strat w/EMG SA's
Fender Super 60
Boss RT-20 Rotary Sim
Ibanez AD-9 Analog Delay
EHX Big Muff

"Doctor Kindly Tell Your Wife
That I'm Alive, Flowers Thrive
Realise, Realise, Realise"
Quote by cerveza
then why do you own one?

I bought it when I was playing guitar for not too long and didn't know jack about amp brands. It's collecting dust at the moment. <_<
*A list of all my gear*

Quote by injected
Hughes and Kettner triamp MKII, of course!!

Holy Snikeys batman I am drawn to those lights like a fly would be
Quote by WeezyToaster
Holy Snikeys batman I am drawn to those lights like a fly would be

I was amazed the first time I saw one. It looked cool when it was off, then I turned it on and it's just awesome. Sounds pretty good and looks even better
I nearly bought it right then and there.

Quote by ConeShred
I bought it when I was playing guitar for not too long and didn't know jack about amp brands. It's collecting dust at the moment. <_<

Yeah i tried a couple of the JVM combos and wasn't a fan of them, but I love my JVM410 head

I want a Gibson V like yours, with the 81/85s.
*A list of all my gear*

fender, peavey and hartke (bass) <3

line 6, marshall </3 (played alot of both, never liked any + are both overpriced)
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
Quote by ConeShred

The JVM came out like a year ago. Did you really learn THAT much more about tone and Marshalls in the last year?
I was playing guitar for about a year and a half when I got it. Almost three years. I've tried alot of amps, and I guess I just picked guitar up fast, not that I'm super good. I don't know how to explain it to you.
*A list of all my gear*

Favorite: Diezel, Engl, Peavey, Fender "EVH", Splawn, Bogner, Krank, Soldano, Randall
Least Favorite: Not to fond the newer Marshall line but like the vintage ones. Line 6 spider and spidervalve are one of my most hated and the mg of coarse.
Least Favorite-
Marshall post 90s (they began making some useless amps... the JVMs are crap, all those options with not even enough gain to make use of it, and the VMs sound annoying and weak too me... JCM2000s i can take or leave but there is better in the pricerange... and MGs give me nightmares)

Most Favorite
Splawn (hi-gain amps)
Fender (guitars, basses, and clean amps)
I tend to like Crate but only really like the sound I get out of my crate.

Haven't tried a lot of other amps, prolly because everytime I go to try one at a guitar store the employees hover over me like hawks so I can't just mess around with it.
Favorite: ENGL

Least favorite: Marshall, and mesa
frog_friend and WGP: UG's Kramer brotherhood

Ug's 4th ENGL endorser
Randy Rhoads is god
founder of the "ENGL amps" fanclub. PM me to join
Favourite: I would have to say Orange, Rivera and Framus would top my favourites list, all great amps. I think Peavey for ther P.A systems though.

Least Favourite: Crate have only put out one semi-decent ampand the rest are abominable. Line 6 and Roland (I can't stand modellers for Line 6 and yes, the Roland Jazz Chorus has decent cleans but it's terribly over-rated the way people speak of it). Mesa Rectifiers also **** me now as well.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM