I just purchased a Rect-o-verb combo amp online. I already own a 4 x 12 Mesa cab.

Would it be wise to run the combo through the 4 x 12 at shows?

Looking for Pros/Cons on both sides.
Thanks.
if it has speaker outs then yeah
Gear:
Fender MIA Strat w/EMG SA's
Fender Super 60
Boss RT-20 Rotary Sim
Ibanez AD-9 Analog Delay
EHX Big Muff

"Doctor Kindly Tell Your Wife
That I'm Alive, Flowers Thrive
Realise, Realise, Realise"
Make sure your impedances match. Idk if the rectoverb has switchable taps for impedance, if not, you need to make sure that your cab matches the impedance of the amp.
There are two 4 ohms out and 1 8 ohm. I plan on running the 8 out into my Mesa cab.

But what would be the benefit for doing so? Good or bad.
Quote by AdamDK
More headroom. It'd basically mean your using your combo like a head.

It won't give you any more head room...
I figured it would give the sound a fuller range considering it is going through a larger cabinet and 4 x 12 instead of 1 x 12.
Quote by GoDrex
it will give you a fuller sound - and a bit louder

This is correct.

It gives you a thicker more powerful sound, and a bit more perceived volume as you're pushing more air with more speakers.
Quote by al112987
It won't give you any more head room...

Woudln't it? Maybe I'm mistaking headroom for something else, I don't know.
Quote by AdamDK
Woudln't it? Maybe I'm mistaking headroom for something else, I don't know.

Headroom can mean different things to different people but generally, for a guitar amp, headroom basically refers to how high you can turn an amp before it begins to clip.
Quote by al112987
Headroom can mean different things to different people but generally, for a guitar amp, headroom basically refers to how high you can turn an amp before it begins to clip.

Oh right, I wasn't thinking of headroom like that. My bad.
I have a peavey bandit 112 and it has external speaker output...Is the bandit good enough to use as a top. I´m can get a cheap marshall or laney 4x12 cab...Anyone who has done this and will it sound good?