I have a Powered mixer that outputs 100watts at one output and 180watts when using both output.
I also have a 280watt PA speaker that has 2 inputs.
So I understand if I put a lead into one side of the mixer and one of the PA inputs, I get 100watts.
but if I plug in 2, will I get the full 180?
Quote by liverpool367
I have a Powered mixer that outputs 100watts at one output and 180watts when using both output.
I also have a 280watt PA speaker that has 2 inputs.
So I understand if I put a lead into one side of the mixer and one of the PA inputs, I get 100watts.
but if I plug in 2, will I get the full 180?

More info needed. Is it a stereo powered mixer? If so, can it operate the outputs in bridged mode? If not, then you probably can't do it.

If the powered mixer can operate in bridged mode then you need to check your manual to see how to configure the cables. Usually, you bridge the two amplifiers either by connecting the outputs together in series, or by setting a switch on the amplifier. For example, with a Crown power amp you set the switch to "bridge", and then use the positive binding posts on each output channel to connect the speaker.

In any case, you should only need one cable going to the speaker. Those jacks on the speaker are probably in parallel, and that's not generally how you'd connect a speaker to a bridged amplifier.