What's a Bahai?
Baby, can you dig your man?
He's a righteous man,
Baby, can you dig your man?

- Larry Underwood
Quote by third-eye
what?

yeah what?
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
No, but my old guitar teacher and a friend of mine are. I've always been kind of curious as to what it's all about though.
to all the ignorant people, bahai is a religion. my oldest friend is bahai.
Quote by paranoideyes
to all the ignorant people, bahai is a religion.
Not knowing something doesn't make you ignorant.
Quote by lotsofvolume
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bahai

I don't know much about it, but I heard it resembles Christianity in many ways.

Well some of the stuff on wikipedia is not true.

The main principle of the bahai faith is "progressive revelation", The belief that all religions come from one God, each bringing a message suitable for the time period.

This means that we believe in christianity, islam, buddism, etc. but that each new messenger builds upon the past.

But when i say we believe in christianity, its the "pure" form meaning not in the ways that other people have interpreted it. We do not believe in sects and there will never be sects in the Bahai Faith.

The main message is Unity

Of Course this is a very brief description but if you want to know more feel free to PM me and i can link you to information.
ODEN 08 'RISE WITH US'
I read up on it a bit. What dzaerpoor said seems to be right. It's (IMO) sort of the easy way out though. It's like (again, this is all in my opinion) you notice that there's all these somewhat conflicting religions, and instead of saying, "XXXX is right" you just say "They're all right. Yay!" and then you have a happy celebration.

Just my thoughts.
Quote by Portuguese_boy
(Progressive Metal is) like playing Nirvana, but faster, with little or no powerchords, cleanly, with more technique, and complex time signatures.

Quote by dzaerpoor

The main principle of the bahai faith is "progressive revelation", The belief that all religions come from one God, each bringing a message suitable for the time period.

This means that we believe in christianity, islam, buddism, etc. but that each new messenger builds upon the past.

But when i say we believe in christianity, its the "pure" form meaning not in the ways that other people have interpreted it. We do not believe in sects and there will never be sects in the Bahai Faith.

Of Course this is a very brief description but if you want to know more feel free to PM me and i can link you to information.

Sounds like the kinda religion that would really suit me, i just don't have the patience for one.

It's a shame.
Its not deciding that since theres a lot of conflicting religion, you just say well im going to accept them all. There Shouldnt be any conflicting religions. None of them start conflicting until a person changes or interprets what is said and starts a fight.
ODEN 08 'RISE WITH US'
Quote by Ichikurosaki
Sounds like the kinda religion that would really suit me, i just don't have the patience for one.

It's a shame.

Why dont you have patience for one? Do you believe in an afterlife?
ODEN 08 'RISE WITH US'
i used to know a guy who was bahai
but then he moved to cali. he was kinda weird
My Gear
Fender 72 Tele Deluxe
Behringer GM108
Austin Boot-Heel Cutaway
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Peavey Valveking 112

Quote by mikeman
Everyone can relate to food or taking dumps but nobody sings about it.
It definitely seems like one of the better religions out there as far as a basic message goes, but most religions tend to contradict each other in the first place, then there are additional Bahai rules that contradict the religions it's based off of (No alcohol is the one that comes to mind). It sounds like a great idea, but doesn't seem to hold up too well.

Of course this is all based off what relatively little I know about Bahai. So I'm sure someone could argue any point I'd say.
When you were born, you cried, and the world rejoiced. Live your life in such a manner that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Kabir
Well Its not the exact same religion, there'd be no point in that, thats why theres new laws/things you must abide by. And no alcohol is holding up fine for all 500 bahais I know.

WAnted to update with some more info for you guys:

BAhai's believe in life after death. That you body is the temple of your sole and afterwards advances to the next world. We do not believe in heaven or hell but merely a state of being in which you actions in this world are reflected by you nearness to God.

Bahais Believe that the purpose of this life is to do deeds and actions that reflects morals and virtues and to better yourself through these. Think of it like a vacation. You must pack your bags for the vacation and you pack what you need for the travel or you will be under equiped.

Another example is in the womb, a baby developeds, itself, limbs, eyes, its entire body. And if you do not acquire the things you need, you are physically handicapped. In the same sense, if you do not acquire the spiritual qualities you need in this life, you will be spiritually handicapped in the next.
ODEN 08 'RISE WITH US'
Ok so this is how it is:

Christianity = Jesus + Judaism
Islam = Muhammad + Christianity
Bahai = Bahaullah + Islam
This sounds dumber than any other religion because it incorporates the retarded shit from multiple religions. Awesome.
No, I'm Chinese.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by dzaerpoor
Its not deciding that since theres a lot of conflicting religion, you just say well im going to accept them all. There Shouldnt be any conflicting religions. None of them start conflicting until a person changes or interprets what is said and starts a fight.

You don't need to interpret the bible to see that it cannot fit in with other faiths. It clearly says that.

I just would have a hard time accepting this. Most religions consist of "This religion is the ONLY true one" as one of its core ideals. Also, the idea that they came up with new religions to fit the time doesn't make much sense either. For one, it's not like there was a large gap between the founding of the thousands of religions this earth has seen. Also, why couldn't the supreme being(s) just make one religion that works regardless of the time period?

it just seems too idealistic, even for a religion.
No but I've been to the Lotus temple and my god it's probably one of the most beautiful places of worship I will ever see.

Sick ass place I tell ya.
Professional Tracking, Mixing and Mastering available.
Available for live sound, consultation and rig/ system designing in and around the Montreal, CA area.
PM for details.

Past clients/ credits include: The Catalyst, Click! and Alain Caron.
Quote by smb
Not knowing something doesn't make you ignorant.

well actually it does.

ignorance isn't necessarily a negative thing. it just means you don't know.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by dzaerpoor

ooooooooh that thing
I'm not, but my auntie is.

She runs a local Ba'hai meeting/presentation/meditation/reading thing.

I've been a couple of times, it's pretty cool. I'd never convert or say I was Ba'hai though.
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/westaussie/

Quote by StratPat

Quote by blacksabbath8
So I had to take a massive dump, and I went in the bassment. So it's been down there for a while and the stench is terrible and i think it's seeping into the floor.

Ok, so im muslim, and we believe that God (Allah) created Adam and Hawa (Eve). So they were the first humans, and many generations later, Ebrahim (Abraham) founded the monotheism. He had two sons Isma'el (Ishmael) and Ishaq (Isaac). Later there was Mousa (Moses), and 'Esa (Jesus). This is all basically christianity. The only thing Islam adds is Muhammad, who is considered to be the final prophet. Later there will be a Mahdy (which is sort of a guy that will save Islam and all of Monotheism). Bahais think that Bahaullah is the mahdy, and muslims are still waiting.

Ring a bell?
Jews still waiting for the messiah
Muslims still waiting for the mahdy
I dunno, but I like the sound of The Universal House of Justice, I may convert for that alone