Is there gona be a new movie for the series.... i heard theres gona be the hobbit re done...

by the way **** STARWARS!!!

SMEAGLE BITCH SLAPED VADOR!!!! :stickpoke
I pick my nose....
Smeagle was killed by lava.

Also, yes, they are making a Hobbit remake.
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
I heard the Hobbit will actually be made into 2 movies, not one.
"A guitar is the human soul, speaking with just six strings..."- Eddie Lee

Irvine Kinneas of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM me, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
Not before 2009/2010 though. Peter Jackson also wanted to make a movie out of the Silmarillon.
Quote by Astyan
Not before 2009/2010 though. Peter Jackson also wanted to make a movie out of the Silmarillon.

Is he really? It better be good.
Quote by blackenedktulu
CFH82, I love you. I didn't laugh, but my god, I love you.

Quote by Zero-Hartman
Holy shit, that was epic. A mighty roar escapeth'd my mouth.

Quote by WyvernOmega
I saw a penis.

last.fm
Quote by Astyan

Great, then I might be able to understand the Silmarillion. It was a pain in the arse to read.
The Hobbit will be split into two movies, and will be directed by Guillermo del Toro (Hellboy, Pan's labyrinth), not Peter Jackson

ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWAH

THE GAME
Lord of the Rings and Middle-earth legendarium in general is incredible.

I can't wait for The Hobbit movie. It sounds more promising than the new "Star Wars" (despite how Star Wars is the greatest thing ever).

A Silmarillion movie could be cool too... Especially if the used Blind Guardian's Nightfall in Middle-earth as the soundtrack. Oh god...
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
Quote by Astyan

that movie better be 8 fucking hours AT LEAST, that book and that story is WAY to complicated and long to explain in 3 hours.
Anyone who thinks that music these days is dead doesn't listen to enough music.
I heard that there would be a remake of The Hobbit, and then there would be a movie describing the events that take place between The Hobbit and The Fellowship of the Ring. I don't think it's a good idea, that's just what I heard.
Quote by Portuguese_boy
(Progressive Metal is) like playing Nirvana, but faster, with little or no powerchords, cleanly, with more technique, and complex time signatures.

I'd love a Silmarillon movie because I absolutely loved it. It's complicated and hard to read, since it wasn't complete when Tolkien died, but it is like the pure definition of an epic story. I'd love to see Morgoth (who is above Sauron) and all the heroes depicted in the book. It's still a rumor, though, might not happen anytime soon. They could also make a movie out of the Luthien story, which has been released as a book recently (thanks to the help of Tolkien's son on unfinished material).
Quote by Astyan
I'd love a Silmarillon movie because I absolutely loved it. It's complicated and hard to read, since it wasn't complete when Tolkien died, but it is like the pure definition of an epic story. I'd love to see Morgoth (who is above Sauron) and all the heroes depicted in the book. It's still a rumor, though, might not happen anytime soon. They could also make a movie out of the Luthien story, which has been released as a book recently (thanks to the help of Tolkien's son on unfinished material).

That last one was ****, the one his son "finshed". ****.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
LOTR was a bunch of people walking, three movies of people walking to a fucking volcano.

Quote by Astyan

that would be brilliant.

im really looking forward to the Hobbit.
I'm on chapter 3 of the Silmarillion, just started reading it 2 days ago. Good book, bit complicated, and the first few chapters would be hard to show, it is basically like gods creating men, elves, and dwarves. alot of the imagery isn't something that could really be "shown", it's more "imagined"
"A guitar is the human soul, speaking with just six strings..."- Eddie Lee

Irvine Kinneas of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM me, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
Quote by drunkinkoala
Wow they're really milking the series for everthing they can get.

It deserves it. It's top-class stuff, even though I'm not really a fan of the excuciating detail he goes into in the books.

EDIT: Oh holy shit, the Silmarillion's having a movie made? Righteous.
Last edited by Flying Couch at Aug 13, 2008,
Quote by skvvisgaar
I'm on chapter 3 of the Silmarillion, just started reading it 2 days ago. Good book, bit complicated, and the first few chapters would be hard to show, it is basically like gods creating men, elves, and dwarves. alot of the imagery isn't something that could really be "shown", it's more "imagined"

Well it's not really a story. It's more of a fictional history textbook.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
Yeah, they are making 2 more Lord of the Rings movies

One will for sure be the Hobbit, the other is unknown on what it will be.

I'm a pretty big LOTR fan so I know these things =]
Read all the books dozens of times lol man I'm a geek