Alright, so here's the deal. I'm getting a new guitar in a few months and I've narrowed it down to two.
1. Epiphone Goth 1958 Explorer
2. Epiphone Les Paul

I play a lot of metal, especially System of a Down stuff. I've got an Ibanez that gets the job done with distortion, but it's clean sound could use work. I have a Marshall MG amp and the distortion on it is incredible. It's difficult for me to decide which guitar to get, so I was just wondering, which one of these can better provide a good distorted, metal sound while not killing its clean sound?
Thanks in advance.
Last edited by TheMessenger at Aug 13, 2008,
By Marshall half stack you mean the MG right? I don't think incredible is the word to use for it's overdrive....I believe it is "crushing" instead.

On a serious note, you can't really go wrong with an Epi LP as far as versatility goes, but those guitars are really a jack of all trades master of none.
My Gear:
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960B
Schecter Hellraiser Avenger
Ibanez VBT700
Marshall Guv'nor
Marshall Echohead
Morley Tremonti Wah
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Furman SPB 8C
Boss Flange
Personally, I would do the Explorer.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Go see U2, then you can say you contributed money to Bono's giant Irish tower built out of the blood, tears, and the hopes of African children.
A new amp for sure.

But if you insist, I always did like the Explorer, and since it and the Les Paul are from the same.. uh, goth group (?), I would just say the Explorer in terms of playability.
It's clean sound could probably use work because you're using an MG.
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.
Quote by TheMessenger
I have a Marshall MG amp and the distortion on it is incredible.

when did that happen?

but i would get the explorer