Poll: do you like them
Poll Options
View poll results: do you like them
yes i like these movies
1 1%
No I do not like these movies
80 99%
Voters: 81.
Does anyone here enjoy movies like date movie, meet the spartans, ect. A new one is coming out called Disaster movie and they make about 8 of them a year so someone must watch them. Discuss your views and such.
Death Cube K

Quote by primusfan
i know an old lady who supports abortion because it's generally low-class black women getting it performed and for her the less inner-city black kids (or blacks in general) there are, the better.

Oh Damn
It's all the duped masses that watch them, either that or the producers don't know when to quit. Either way, the best bet is to take the approach of "ignore it and it will go away".
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
I want to make a film called "Parody Movie." And have it be about how lame movies like that are.
I actually hate every single one of them. Movie parody is probably the lowest form of comedy.
I plays guitars.
Quote by 2003LP
I actually hate every single one of them. Movie parody is probably the lowest form of comedy.

this is true.

unless you count shawn of the dead as a parody movie.
which i dont.
Quote by 2003LP

Hell no. Movie parody, when done right, is abso-fucking-lutely hilarious. See: Airplane!, Blazing Saddles, Spaceballs, etc.

Quote by aaron6890
which i dont.

Dude, it's a movie that parodies a genre of movies. It's easily movie parody, and an awesome one at that.
I ****ing hate them... I almost went to see meet the spartans just to loudly fake laugh at all the jokes...

like I thought the first scary movie was alright... the second one had it's moments. but everything after that by the same creators is painful to watch.

...isn't it funny what a fine line there is between satire and parody. like I highly enjoyed Walk Hard because at least that was smart.q
The only good parody movies I've seen is the Scary Movie series
Quote by CrucialGutchman
Hell no. Movie parody, when done right, is abso-fucking-lutely hilarious. See: Airplane!, Blazing Saddles, Spaceballs, etc.

Hot Shots?
I hate every single one of those movies. How people can actually pay to watch that garbage is beyond me.
Quote by csn00b
I hate seeing cute girls topless and what not, it just feels wrong.
They're so bad I actually wish the plague upon the creators. I think it's only fair since the movies themselves are like a disease.
No. The creators just can't take a hint.

EDIT: I actually want the directors/producers/everyone involved to just die, for real.
Dickless.
Quote by CrucialGutchman

see thats what I'm talking about those were smarter movies. like Leslie Nealson movies are usually funny, I think he had some of the only funny lines in Scary movie 3.
Sometimes they're done well, but these that are coming out the "title of the movie loosely based on the genre which is being parodied" are not good. They have stale jokes that rely on ridiculous "humor", instead of satire. Scary movie was funny at first, then it got old. None of the others were very good at all.
What the hell? I thought this would be even MORE one sided than the Mythbusters vs. Smash Lab poll. It's already 1 to 32. In the other one it was like 1 to 136 or something.

INTOLERANCE IS IGNORANCE

Quote by kosmic
Holy Moses.
haha
Quote by CrucialGutchman

Dude, it's a movie that parodies a genre of movies. It's easily movie parody, and an awesome one at that.

Right on. Those are actually really good movies with a story line. Movies like "Date Movie" or "Disaster Movie" don't have a story; they just make fun of good movies.

Quote by aaron6890
this is true.

which i dont.

Good ass movie.
I plays guitars.
Hm... initially the first one or two Scary Movies were ok, but after that it was just downhill all the way...
They are running out of stuff, they keeping doing the, innocent victim walking across street gets hit by a vehicle. Some of the scary movies were ok. Spaceballs is cool, the long... long ship
Quote by CrucialGutchman

Those are classics, modern day parody isn't that great.
They suck. End of story.
Quote by SmElLy KiD
That is priceless man, you might be my new idol.

TS, whenever I see your username, I misread it as "isuckhardcocks."

Just had to get that out there.

We're ticking away, the moments that make up the dull days
They make fun of some of my favorite movies, which wouldn't be a problem, except it's not even funny. These movies are horrid.
Quote by Portuguese_boy
(Progressive Metal is) like playing Nirvana, but faster, with little or no powerchords, cleanly, with more technique, and complex time signatures.

Quote by Flying Couch
I want to make a film called "Parody Movie." And have it be about how lame movies like that are.

You're giving them way too much credit by calling them "parody" movies. Parodies poke fun at their subjects (though not necessarily at their expense) and draw humor from often exaggerated imitation and allusion.

The Movie movies, on the other hand, attempt to draw humor from referencing aspects of pop culture and hoping the audience catches on. For example, the meteorite that fell to earth hit none other than (an abysmal imitation of) Hannah Montana. It's funny because Hannah Montana is very popular and has made headlines a lot over the past year! Get it?!

EDIT: ^ I know what you mean about your favorite movies being targets. As a Star Wars fan, I find quite a bit of enjoyment in Spaceballs, but I was furious when I saw that Disaster Movie is going after Juno. Diablo Cody, Jason Reitman, and/or Ellen Page have every right to sue the filmmakers' asses off for shamelessly defacing the best movie of 2007.

Poetic justice would dictate that Friedberg and Seltzer have their careers ruined, end up homeless, and be denied spare change by everyone who ever bought a ticket to one of their movies, who then use that money to treat themselves (and perhaps their dates) to quality films made by filmmakers who care one way or the other. Unfortunately, poetic justice doesn't always weave its way into reality as it should.
No animals were harmed in order to bring you the above post. However, several photons were greatly inconvenienced.

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNO-TOAD
Last edited by Quintessence153 at Aug 13, 2008,
I think these movies are destroying America's youth and must be stopped before it's too late!!!
Quote by Quintessence153

Poetic justice would dictate that Friedberg and Seltzer have their careers ruined, end up homeless, and be denied spare change by everyone who ever bought a ticket to one of their movies, who then use that money to treat themselves (and perhaps their dates) to quality films made by filmmakers who care one way or the other. Unfortunately, poetic justice doesn't always weave its way into reality as it should.

I don't really understand this. They make close to three or four movies every year or two, and I'm sure they don't make much profit on any of them anymore, they should be broke as ****. I'm going to check the profits on the movies.

EDIT: THEY'RE MAKING $60 MILLION PROFITS ON EVERY MOVIE! And they're opening first in the box office every time! Who's watching these movies?
Dickless.
Last edited by MetalMilitia212 at Aug 13, 2008,