Lately Ive been reading a lot of posts about pickups, and how everyone is replacing them and getting these sweet new pickups in their guitars. I was curious as to how the stock American Strat pickups compare to high end after market pickups, like nice Seymour Duncans, etc. How does the quality compare, and do people often or ever switch out the stock ones?

I ask because I know the stock pickups are very nice, and I am just curious as to how nice exactly.
It doesn't really matter what other people say or think - it's all about how they sound to you. there's no such thing as "how nice", it's all subjective.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
It doesn't really matter what other people say or think - it's all about how they sound to you. there's no such thing as "how nice", it's all subjective.

Well thats true, and a good point, they sound great to me, but I am just curious how they stack up technically and quality wise.
Those things don't matter though - besides a pickup is just a magnet with a load of wire wrapped round it, there's not really a lot to consider. Obviously the quality and type of materials and how they've been made contribute to the sound, but tone you get from them is all that's really important. If they sound great to you then they sound great.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I think they sound pretty good, but I've never had a chance to really sit down with a stocker and a modded one...
Nope, no sig here.