Page 1 of 5
One of the best falsettos of all time.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
The other KD threads are as dead as his Grandma..lets use this one.

Finally picked up Them on cd to replace my beloved but battered cd-r of it, the album is better than Conspiracy if you ask me. The Accusation Chair is the greatest song King has put his name to.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
The King is quite awesome. (He faltered on a couple albums though, I find...)
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
Quote by piratemetalhead
His singing always sounded a bit overdone.

^Agreed.

But there beat and guitar'in is pretty cool.
Ibanez S520ex Guitar
i prefer Mercyful Fate to him solo, but he's amazing either way.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
Quote by shameonthenight
i just picked up Melissa today.
it did not disappoint in the slightest

ALL HAIL SATAN......*falsetto* YES HAIL SATTTTTAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNN!
HESSIAN HAREM
FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE HESSIAN CULTURE. STAY TRUE.
I Think Fatal Portrait is ****ing bad ass!

I wanted to see him live this year
Guys I'm getting Abigail right now since its an album I can kinda relate to, is it a good record to start with? I've never heard King Diamond before so I'm wondering.
Quote by Eric 666
Guys I'm getting Abigail right now since its an album I can kinda relate to, is it a good record to start with? I've never heard King Diamond before so I'm wondering.

...You're a stillborn fetus who possesses the wife of the count who owns your house??

Haha no, its a brilliant album to start with, probably the best starting point for King Diamond.
Quote by Ultraussie

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
I only have Voodoo but it's pretty good actually. I shall delve deeper into the King.
Matthew 5:5 - "Blessed are the meek: for they shall Beherit the earth."
Quote by Stranglehold
...You're a stillborn fetus who possesses the wife of the count who owns your house??

Haha no, its a brilliant album to start with, probably the best starting point for King Diamond.

Haha, no, my...first real love's name was Abigail and she led me through a...less than pleasant...well ****ed up really, relationship for a year and a half, so I can relate to the thoughts of possession and the evilness that some can have.
'Them' is without a doubt one of my favourite albums.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Mercyful Fate \m/

they are cool although i only heard 'into the coven'
Quote by StevoIRL
Hetfield what a man bit of belly but still what a man

Gear

Gibson Slash Signature LP
B-52 AT-112 60 watt
Digitech Rp90
I agree, I like MF more than King solo, but LaRoque is incredible. The solos in Dressed In White are amazing.

There was a song on Don't Break The Oath with 5 consecutive solos called Night Of The Unborn. Listen to it, love it, worship it.
I was at the chiropractor's a couple days ago. We're talking, and he asks me what kind of music I listen to. Turns out my chiropractor is a huge Overkill fan.

Hopefully he won't wreck your neck
Quote by Eric 666
Haha, no, my...first real love's name was Abigail and she led me through a...less than pleasant...well ****ed up really, relationship for a year and a half, so I can relate to the thoughts of possession and the evilness that some can have.

She must be nailed to her coffin with Seven silver spikes...one through each arm, hand, and leg... and let the last of the spikes be torn through her mouth! So that she may never rise from birth...again.

Who will be the first?
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
The first time i heard king diamond sing i was like wtf is wrong with this guy.

it was just something i needed to get used to because now i love mercyful fate and king diamond.
Quote by Stranglehold
She must be nailed to her coffin with Seven silver spikes...one through each arm, hand, and leg... and let the last of the spikes be torn through her mouth! So that she may never rise from birth...again.

Who will be the first?

of course!

I've already done that

but yeah King Diamond rules.
King Diamond IS the metal master! everything about his cd's are amazing! the guitars, the bass, the production, the drums and definately the vocals. **** YEAH KING DIAMOND!
Andy Larocque's riffs are just ridiculous sometimes, they're not very technical at times but damn can he make things sound good.
i've just gotten ridiculously obsessed with MF and have played their first two albums five times in the past week. seeing as i don't own any of KD solo stuff, i decided that it was time to get some. i take it that Abigail is a good one to start with?
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
Quote by The Evil Hat
i've just gotten ridiculously obsessed with MF and have played their first two albums five times in the past week. seeing as i don't own any of KD solo stuff, i decided that it was time to get some. i take it that Abigail is a good one to start with?

Start with any of:

Abigail
House of God
Them
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Voodoo is actually pretty good as well. Sad to say it's the only KD album I have though.
Matthew 5:5 - "Blessed are the meek: for they shall Beherit the earth."
Quote by The Evil Hat

due to the retarded slowness of metaldisc Abigail has yet to arrive. it's been over a ****ing month. grr.
Next time you're here get "Them" from me, it's really good.
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Quote by MetalMessiah665
Next time you're here get "Them" from me, it's really good.

another album, i take it? /ignorance. sounds like a plan.
Them is a freakin masterpiece.
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Quote by Stranglehold
Them is a freakin masterpiece.

fuckin a

That album creeps me out.
Originally Posted by fatdanny
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while f
THE KING!!!! lol

I love KD/MF

Andy LaRocque is extremely underrated IMHO
- Gibson Flying V 120 #1 (White)
- Gibson Flying V 120 #2 (Cherry)
- Gibson SG Standard ('61 style)
- Jackson DK2M

- ENGL Fireball 60

- Many pedals, plus other stuff
ya, hes a pretty killer player.
Originally Posted by fatdanny
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while f
Page 1 of 5