So I have a Boss GT3 multieffects processor.

After unearthing it from stoarge a while ago, I plug it into the effects loop of my Line 6 Spider Valve 112.

Then I noticed a hum the when I start playing on my guitar. I unplugged my multieffects and the hum is gone. Wash, rinse and repeat this process a few times... and I come to believe that the issue is the lack of a grounding pin for the power adaptor for the GT3 unit.

This issue is far more evident when I increase the gain on the unit.

Can anyone enlighten me if this is the case with any other multieffects processor which has a power adaptor but lacks a grounding pin. If this is the case, short of practically wiring a grounding wiring into the adaptor, what can I do?

Or would anyone know if Boss sells an adaptor for the Asian region (230V - 240V) which has a grounding pin, the technician at Swee Lee (Singapore) insist that a 2 pin plug HAS a grounding wire and eliminates hum.
Last edited by ragingkitty at Aug 13, 2008,
ive found that with different multi-fx pedals ive used, switching from amp to line output or vise versa can get rid of the weird noises they sometimes make.
Quote by ragingkitty

Then I noticed a hum the when I start playing on my guitar. I unplugged my multieffects and the hum is gone. Wash, rinse and repeat this process a few times... and I come to believe that the issue is the lack of a grounding pin for the power adaptor for the GT3 unit.

Yes it is. You NEED a ground for anything that involves sound(except when it's battery-powered and/or digital)