I've seen a lot of amps that can do pop punk easily, like

Marshall JCM2000 DSL401 - 40 watts
Marshall JCM900 - 50 watts
Traynor YCV50 Blue - 50 watts

but what about lower wattage amps? I mean, isn't even 15 watts tube too much for bedroom volumes?
U can play ANY music with any sized watt amp, its not like a low watt amp is going to make ur hand seize now is it,

the reason why bands use bigger watt amps is so they can here themselves jamming/ clarity / and size matters lol
Well when you're playing a gig you can always mic it, and there's not really a reason to practice at volumes that would require a large rig...so a 15W tube should do just fine.
Nope, no sig here.
Okay, the 2 replies make it clear that no one actually read the question. I was asking for low wattage amps that can do pop punk... like for metal peavey valveking royal 8, 8 watts. classic rock epiphone valve junior, 5 watts but what about pop punk? All the amps that can do pop punk are way too huge.
Quote by doubtfull
Okay, the 2 replies make it clear that no one actually read the question. I was asking for low wattage amps that can do pop punk... like for metal peavey valveking royal 8, 8 watts. classic rock epiphone valve junior, 5 watts but what about pop punk? All the amps that can do pop punk are way too huge.

No they're not.
Epi valve junior can do pop punk.
Pop punk is just an overdriven tube sound.
Any tube amp can play pop-punk.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by Simsimius
No they're not.
Epi valve junior can do pop punk.
Pop punk is just an overdriven tube sound.
Any tube amp can play pop-punk.

Not realy, there are a lot of amps that can't if they don't have the right voicing.
Quote by doubtfull
Not realy, there are a lot of amps that can't if they don't have the right voicing.

True.
But in general, you can get that sound from any amp. You could use a few pedals too, so amps not voiced [for that] can be used for pop-punk.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
Amp:
- Laney VC15

RIP DIO
Quote by Simsimius
True.
But in general, you can get that sound from any amp. You could use a few pedals too, so amps not voiced [for that] can be used for pop-punk.

Yeah, i actually thought maybe an epiphone valve junior with a distortion pedal, but I've heard a lot of distortion pedals are a bit crap. Do you know any decent ones to get a pop punk sort of sound?
Quote by doubtfull
Yeah, i actually thought maybe an epiphone valve junior with a distortion pedal, but I've heard a lot of distortion pedals are a bit crap. Do you know any decent ones to get a pop punk sort of sound?

Get on overdrive pedal, and adjust the overdrive's gain knob to taste.
There's so many OD pedals, but an Ibanez Tubescreamer is recommended a lot.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
Amp:
- Laney VC15

RIP DIO
Quote by Simsimius
Get on overdrive pedal, and adjust the overdrive's gain knob to taste.
There's so many OD pedals, but an Ibanez Tubescreamer is recommended a lot.

Okay, thanks for the suggestions.