Well, I unfortunately accidentally banged my guitar against the edge of my desk which gave it a small dent... I'm wondering if it's possible at all to fix the dent or paint over it or something, or if there's any hope.
It's only a small dent for god's sake, leave it; it gives an instrument character.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
it would need rubbing down, filling, and respraying. or, as said above, leave it. i would (and always do) settle for the latter.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
Quote by jj1565

Wow, I did not know you could do that kind of thing...still seems like overkill for a small dent to me though
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
dont worry bout it dude the more dents and scratches you have, the more people kno uve paid your dues,
Quote by vertigodown
dont worry bout it dude the more dents and scratches you have, the more people kno uve paid your dues,

bollocks.

youd dont buy a caparison, PRS, etc. and be sad when a dent happens.

i mean sure its most likely going to happen, doesn't mean you won't want to fix it or at least cry for awhile
Guitars-LEFTY
Bernie Rico Jr. Custom Jekyll
Schecter ATX
Schecter Tempest Cust.
Ibanez GIO
Amps
Laney VH100R-Sell/Trade?? pm me
Cube 15
Misc.
THD HOT plate Attentuator and other stuff
Thanks for the tips guys...

It's a beautiful Candy apple red fender Jag, and I'm sad to see such a dent ruin it's beauty... but hey, each scar tells its story, right? =P
a small dent isnt gonna ruin the beauty of your axe
you'll feel bad for a while but it goes away
I accidentally kicked my Ibanez AEF while sleeping (it was leaning on the chair facing my bed) and made a small ding on the headstock

felt bad, but gotten over it
sh*t happens...
All my dents have a story.

On my acoustic I can point to one and be like "yep thats from when I got real drunk, tripped over my case and landed into my guitar"

Then theres scratches with not so cool stories like "yea thats where I accidently scraped it with a screwdriver"
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender Acoustic-Electric CD140SCE
Quote by IdiotWind

On my acoustic I can point to one and be like "yep thats from when I got real drunk, tripped over my case and landed into my guitar"

Then theres scratches with not so cool stories like "yea thats where I accidently scraped it with a screwdriver"

LMFAO
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
Quote by IdiotWind

same here. shiny black finish only looks nice until you touch the guitar. Also, first time I read that, I thought you said you accidentally raped your guitar with a screwdriver
"A guitar is the human soul, speaking with just six strings..."- Eddie Lee

Irvine Kinneas of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM me, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
Quote by IdiotWind

haha
that reminds me of when my friend had his SG on the couch and there was an ice chest resting on top of the couch and someone went to get a beer outta it and the chest fell right on the guitar and cracked the necks and pushed the jack in a bit
GUITAR: Gibson Les Paul Special
AMP:Fender Vibro Champ XD
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
USMC
Battle scars for guitars are cool when it's a Fender, You know... something that looks like it sits on the floor in a corner, not on a nice stand...

Battle scars on a PRS, or anything custom is sin.
somebody should make a tell a story about a dent on your guitar thread

and 2 users above me...psychobilly ftw.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
Last edited by l3p4rd at Aug 14, 2008,
using a wet towel and ironing over it will raise it but the paint might cause a problem