hey im a noob when it comes to guitars and dont rele know much about them
but i was need to get a new guitar as all i have at the moment is an acousitc.
ive been playing bass for 2 years and guitar for 7 months
so any guitars you could recommend?
up to about £800($1534)
i play rock mainly like metallica, rhcp, lostprophets.
thanks
Ibanez is pretty good for It's Distortion, but personally, I prefer Gibson Les Paul(Not sure if it fits your budget though )
Fender? what a joke.

check out my gear
XBL GamerTag = IAmSentient6

My gear:
Ibanez Artist
ESP ltd Viper 200
Schecter Diamond 8

Amps:
Marhshall MG30 (for sale)
Line 6 Spider III Half Stack (mine forever)
Interested in Melodic Thrash Metal? ALUSTRIUM AND LAST NAIL DRIVEN!
How can you say Ibanez is good for it's distortion?
That's on my top 10 of dumbest things I've heard on this forum.

Thread started, do you have any local shops around you where you could go try out some stuff? Do you have an amp already? Keep in mind that the amp should be a little more important than the guitar.
Quote by CaRveItiNbass
Fender? what a joke.

check out my gear

Hypocrite, much?
If I'm not mistaken you have a Fender bass in your "Gear" list.

Fender guitars are fantastic for newbies, AND advanced guitarists.. *cough* Yngwie Malmsteen *cough*.
Quote by Jason_X00
Ibanez is pretty good for It's Distortion, but personally, I prefer Gibson Les Paul(Not sure if it fits your budget though )

Yeah, if you dont have the budget for a Gibson, go for an
Epiphone les paul. Same look, and almost the same sound.

Will set you back a good 700-800 US Dollars though.

But in the end, worth it.
Your light bulb knows everything you do in your room.
Or look at a high end Schecter.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by shadow__666
Or look at a high end Schecter.

did you even look at his budget?!

jesus, mary, joseph.
Your light bulb knows everything you do in your room.
ibanez s series! seriously, take a look, most have a selection of single and humbuckers, so you get some versatility, and the neck is fast, wich although most people say is only really good for fast stuff, i find it makes everything easier to play cleanly.
Sayin all this, i have the S520EX, which is advertised as being the 'heavy metal' version, but i use mine for all sorts of things, clean, ac/dc sounds, ranging pretty much from clean to really heavy, and i find is does all of those, so your not gonna get stuck with what you can do with it.
however, as ur a newbie, i suggest geting the S470, or the next one up from the 520, as they have single coils as well - versatility.
only downside is the pickups, theyre not sspectacullar, but good for until ur gigging, or at least until you have done a lot of research into what you actually like. the point im trying to make is, your better off getting a decent guitar with not so great pickups, because you can change the pickups for a relatively small amount, but dont get thrown by guitars such as washburns, where i saw one that was £300 ($600) that was acually a really bad guitar, but just had great pickups.
thats why i recommend the s series, because theyre mahogony, solidly built, and have awesome necks. like i said, even if its not a s series, pplease take my advice of not nesecarily ignoring the pickups, but in cheaper guitars, theyre always goin to be lacking, so go for the solid GUITAR, and you can replace pickups whenever you want.

EDIT - sorry, i thought your budget was 800 DOLLARS, so i thought that would be a llower end budget, but now i know its pounds, your gonna get a much better guitar, but my advice is still relevant, so ill leeave it there
Peavey Valveking 212

Ibanez S520EX in grey
Last edited by chippythingy at Aug 13, 2008,
Quote by Jason_X00

sorry but thats got the be the worst advice ive seen

metallica (hi gain)
rhcp + lostporphets (stratty bright tone)

Fender Fat Strat
If you dont have an electric yet you need to go to a big guitar shop and try fenders, epiphones and everything else. Just make sure you try lots of guitars and dont buy the first one you pick up, because thats what a lot of people do with their first electric (like me).

Maybe try a fender with a humbucker?

Good Luck!
PSN ID: Blade3195
Can you answer my question, do you have an amp? Not trying to sound like an ass, just wanna know what to point you towards. You might be able to get something better then an Epi LP.
Also, you looking for used?