Kaspersky Internet Security. In two years, I've never had anything get past it!
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
I like NOD32 - It hardly slows your system down and works great...It also works with vista

Quote by Metallicaloveu
AVG is free and works just as well as any of the others most people pay for.

AVG Free did fail me once....
since then I went back to NOD

IMO once software is free the developers don't take as much time to work on it and so theres a greater chance of failure.

[quote="'Tommy[fin"]']Common sense.

+1 on that as well. Ive been running my desktop without any virus protection software for about 5 months now and have not had a problem. I do run NOD on my laptop though since it goes on different networks when I take it on the road.

The reason I dont have anything on my desktop is because I try to only use it for audio recording and video editing so it has to run fast.
Last edited by moody07747 at Aug 13, 2008,
Kapersky.

DONT get Macaffee
Quote by alaskan_ninja
Everyone is trying a comeback now. Metallica, Smashing Pumpkins, Rage, and now bin Laden? Come on. Give it a rest..

haha
I thought AVG was the best free scanner, but now I've got Vista and switched to Avast I must say it's very strong, and prevented a virus just the other day. Almost my own fault, but I won't be touching warez again.

Edit - Avoid ones like Macafee and Bullguard. System hogs, expensive and basically crap.
I use Spybot Search And Destroy, quite good and free download
Quote by armon77
laughed at something in class a little too hard, then let loose a sonic boom of a fart.
We use Trend Micro Internet Security Plus but we only just got that so i dont know how well it works
f-secure

"Ein Herz von flimmernden Hirngespinsten,
Ohne Halt und ohne Boden.
Feuer des Winters,
Herr der Träume,
Vater aller Türen: Öffne!"
Paysage d'Hiver - Ich schreite
Trend Micro PC-Cillin.

Honest to god, never had a single problem and I've been using it for three years. It's great.
A U S S I E
AVG, free and good. I used to have Norton and it slowed my system down a lot.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
Windows Live OneCare.
"Ultimate"-Guitar is the worst website on the internet. Polluted with unintelligent mongoloids.
Quote by Dumebuggy
buy a mac

/thread

i wondered how many posts it'd take till we got that reply.
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
I got crap to do, okay? Counter-Strike isn't going to play itself.
a condom.
If looks coud really kill,

then my profession would be staring.