Hello,

I've had my Hot Rod Deluxe for about 6 months now, I like it a lot. I'm trying to take full advantage of what the 40w tube amp can provide and want a bigger...better sound. Is the fender hot rod cabinet (1x12 celestion) with a closed back going to help me out here? Has anyone had any experience with adding a cabinet to their hot rod amp? I have the Texas Red and want to get a cabinet while the tolex is still available to match.

Thanks in advance,

Dylan
I look outside I see my neighbors walking, I ask myself why we are never talking.
i heard its more for the bass end of your sound that the hot rods orig speaker doesnt do on its own

i would get it you can always use the cab on a blackheart or something for yoru room

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

blackheart? I'm familiar with the term blackface....
I look outside I see my neighbors walking, I ask myself why we are never talking.
it's a different amp - he's just saying you could use the cab with a 5 watter called a Blackheart Little Giant - when you weren't using it with the Hot Rod.

the best thing you can do for a HRD is replace the stock speaker with something good like a Celestion Vintage 30.

adding a cab will give you a fuller sound though.
Quote by GoDrex
it's a different amp - he's just saying you could use the cab with a 5 watter called a Blackheart Little Giant - when you weren't using it with the Hot Rod.

the best thing you can do for a HRD is replace the stock speaker with something good like a Celestion Vintage 30.

adding a cab will give you a fuller sound though.

I disagree.

A Vintage 30 does not suit a Fender amp. I have yet to hear anything sound good out of a vintage 30 outside of high gain metal tones.
Last edited by al112987 at Aug 13, 2008,
Quote by al112987
I disagree.
I have yet to hear anything sound good out of a vintage 30 outside of high gain metal tones.

Warren Haynes