Page 1 of 2
Inspired by the guitar tone thread of the (nigh-on) same name.

Mine personally is Chris Adler's sound on the earlier records.
Especially like, Black Label, and the damn snare.
Sounds like a bloody pot or something.

Drives me insane.

I still love it though.
Gore AND Core; unite!
Quote by zwound
St Anger

I figure this will be popular.
Quote by FbSa
Back in the 70's I decided to take all the frets off Jaco's Bass thinking he would play worse. Man did that backfire.

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']FUCK YES.

GSAWS, I LOVE YOU.
Quote by zwound
St Anger

+1

Quote by Daisy_Ramirez_
Inspired by the guitar tone thread of the (nigh-on) same name.

Mine personally is Chris Adler's sound on the earlier records.
Especially like, Black Label, and the damn snare.
Sounds like a bloody pot or something.

Drives me insane.

I still love it though.

Wait, what?
Ibanez RG350DX
Randall RH150G3
Harley Benton Cab (Shut up.)
Roland Cube 60
Dunlop Wah Wah Pedal.

mmmmm

Guitar fund - £300/???
Help me out guise!!1!
Under the solo to Bat Country there is a snare hit that, once you notice it, takes over the entire sound of the solo. Also, yes, St. Anger is arse.
Quote by Alter-Bridge
If I had sex as much as you said the word "shit" I would be paris hilton.

Quote by rworsl
I have never felt closer to either cheese or weasels

Quote by Vermintide

DURN THING DUN GONE MESS UP AGIYAN. MARGE, FETCH ME MAH BOOMSTIYAK
Generic reverb soaked 80's drum sound.

It makes me want to harm myself.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
St Anger...

If everyone's drums sounded like Witold's the world would be a much better place
ohai little sig.
inb4Lars
X JAPAN
yoshiki.toshi.pata.hide.heath/taiji

---------------

"desert rose, why do you live alone..." - yoshiki
You love a terrible sounding snare that rings like a bitch?
:stickpoke

Baby, if I were biscuits and you were gravy, I'd sop you up

FIGHT IGNORANCE

"I fear for my flesh, but I fear for my spirit even more..."
St. Anger

Just about everything sounds like it was homemade.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
the squeaky bass drum pedal in that Zeppelin song

I've forgotten which it is thankfully but whenever I notice it again completely kills the entire album
I hate the hi hat constantly going in the background of Creed's My Own Prison. It's so incessant and f*cking stupid.

I also wish that the drums were a bit more defined and clear in Minerva by Deftones.
Last edited by Deliriumbassist at Aug 13, 2008,
Quote by DimebagJosho
+1

Wait, what?

I meant... I love the song.
And the drum sound suits the low-fi recording quality.

Sorry, I'm not the most articulate of fvckers at times.
Gore AND Core; unite!
The St.Anger tuned snare sounds very fat live with the whole band, in the studio it isnt great.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
theres a cowbell in one of Black tides songs that just is out of place, also i really cant get use to the cowbell in killin in the name's intro. i really dont have many songs with drums that sound out of place. if it fits the song i really dont care if it sounds wierd becuase it fits the song at least.
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch
What the hell? F8 doesn't do anything interesting This toy is lame

Quote by TheReverend724
I can have a beer later, I need to level Charmeleon NOW!
Quote by rizo299
The Drum tone on 65daysofstatic's "Destruction of Small Ideas" is awful. And it's not even like its a hard fix. A few minutes on the EQ would have sorted that out.

It was supposed to sound like that. They were tired with albums being compressed too much, unfortunately they forgot that that doesn't sound great when listening with headphones.
Double Kicks.

There, I said it!
Quote by slappymoe66
What would I say to the doctor "I got a bad case of tight balls" ? no dice nublet pie
Not the worst sound by any means, but I find the chorus *ting ting ting* in AIC Sea of Sorrow to be very annoying.
EDIT: I don't know what he's hitting, some nasty cymbal or something.
Last edited by Adam_G at Aug 13, 2008,
Quote by seljer
the squeaky bass drum pedal in that Zeppelin song

I've forgotten which it is thankfully but whenever I notice it again completely kills the entire album

Moby Dick?
I, since falling in love with triggers, have started to dislike most natural double kicks.

Exceptions include Lombardo, but still... It just sounds like "MUFFLE MUFFLE KICK KICK MUFFLE KICK BLEEERGHHERGHEJFHBSKRG" when it's fast.

Compare that with THE breakdown (near the end...) from "My Fears Have Become Phobias" by As Blood Runs Black...
Crystal clear, yet 16 kicks-per-second.
Amazing.
Gore AND Core; unite!
Quote by Daisy_Ramirez_
I, since falling in love with triggers, have started to dislike most natural double kicks.

Exceptions include Lombardo, but still... It just sounds like "MUFFLE MUFFLE KICK KICK MUFFLE KICK BLEEERGHHERGHEJFHBSKRG" when it's fast.

Compare that with THE breakdown (near the end...) from "My Fears Have Become Phobias" by As Blood Runs Black...
Crystal clear, yet 16 kicks-per-second.
Amazing.

Triggers are for women
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
somedrums in led zeppelin dont fit all that well. i myself honestly can ever get into the live moby dick. but i think their best song that represents bonhams drums is achille's last stand i dont know if hes using a double bass druming style or what but the interlude of the drums behind page's solo just hits this piacle of drumming that ive never heard matched
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch
What the hell? F8 doesn't do anything interesting This toy is lame

Quote by TheReverend724
I can have a beer later, I need to level Charmeleon NOW!
When seeing The Black Dahlia murder live, I wished the drummer would let up on the double kicks suring the guitar solos... the lead guitarist is actually quite melodic, but the drums just kept going with the same intensity that they did for the verses.

And on one of the songs on Metallica's Black Album, I think Sad But True, the snare sound is really harsh. Not necessarily bad, but very very harsh.
Quote by adamrandall
ahh yes SRV. i got the intro on texas flood (easy) and then he's like twangledoodleblopdebloo dun dun dun dun DA dun DA and im like *dead*.

The Unholy plays a Jackson Warrior X through a Metal Muff

Squigglymetal!
Quote by cliff_em_all
Triggers are for women

You implying there's anything wrong with women?

Oh...

OH.

...OH! You're one of THOSE folk!

Gore AND Core; unite!
St. Anger and Lars' current drum sound. Its just plain horrible, plus it really makes you realise what a bad drummer he is.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
I hate this kind of beat

CH--x--x--x--x--x--x--x--x---
SD---------x--x---------x--x---
BD--x----------------x----------

This beat can make even the fastest song sound sluggish, due to the double snare hits.

My bands drummer used it all the time in our early days, and all of our songs just sort of drifted along due to it. It's ****ing FAIL
Quote by gallagher2006
I hate this kind of beat

This beat can make even the fastest song sound sluggish, due to the double snare hits.

My bands drummer used it all the time in our early days, and all of our songs just sort of drifted along due to it. It's ****ing FAIL

if used in the right terminology it can be done, but ur right as a basic beat it s pretty dodgy,
Consistent blasting is usually bad sounding, but when done in the right context of a song it's brutality defined (in metal terms of course, not the 60's pop songs that used slowed down blasts ).

The snare sound of Cryptopsy's Flo Mounier is the single-most horrible pop of a snare I've heard...it's so..unnatural, while drummers like Dave Lombardo and Martin Lopez have natural sounding snare snaps.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Quote by Slaytanic1993
Consistent blasting is usually bad sounding, but when done in the right context of a song it's brutality defined (in metal terms of course, not the 60's pop songs that used slowed down blasts ).

The snare sound of Cryptopsy's Flo Mounier is the single-most horrible pop of a snare I've heard...it's so..unnatural, while drummers like Dave Lombardo and Martin Lopez have natural sounding snare snaps.

Three words:
Waking.
The.
Cadaver.

I love WTC, but I definately see why they're hated.
Gore AND Core; unite!
The drumming in The Strokes' early days was pretty bad. But that was probably to do with poor production.
Page 1 of 2