Just look locally, they can go for as high or as low as the seller wants. I found a 5150 head + stock peavey cab locally for $650 together. didn't get it though
well.. scratches happens... and knobs do tend to fall off... usually they go for around 600-800 or so... from what i've seen... i've never really looked for one though...

are you going to be picking it up if you did happen to get it? or would it be shipped to you? If your going to be picking it up, you could always tell him that you'll give him 500 or 550$ cash for it, might would go for it?
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
i got my 5150 combo w/ footswitch and a free 21 ft moster cable for $525 locally

ESP EC-1000 *Vintage Black*
Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
Thanks for the responses so far. So I should try to get him down to the 550 range? I'll be sure to be offering cash, and yes I would be picking it up. First I wanna try it.

Any advice as to how to try out a used amp?
Quote by pepsi_lovr
Thanks for the responses so far. So I should try to get him down to the 550 range? I'll be sure to be offering cash, and yes I would be picking it up. First I wanna try it.

Any advice as to how to try out a used amp?

play it like you normally would? check all the settings, make sure they work properly, and so forth

ESP EC-1000 *Vintage Black*
Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
make sure you crank it... I bought a used fender deville 2x12 from thhe guitar center for 400$ and it would occasionally get this really loud buzzing sound when it was cranked up after playing it for a while, and you would have to bonk the top of it to make it stop...

never could find the problem with it...
but anyways...
also... if you can check the effect loop... If you have a chorus, or eq pedal or something, i would bring it and throw it in there to make sure it all works...

And definately test out every single knob, turn it, check for crackles... etc...
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial