guitar-->maxon od9-->isp deci.-->amp

right?

also, what would be smarter...a dimarzio coupler 6" cord or the little monster 1/4" coupler piece?

ESP EC-1000 *Vintage Black*
Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
I generally like the patch cables for effects, they give you a bit more flexibility in placing your effects, where the coupler needs them to be in a straight line.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
I thought it was Amp>Whatever>ISP>Guitar?
Like having the NS last, unless theres a wah, then the wah would go last and the NS would go before the wah.
I always ran it in my FX loop last after my delay so it was the very last pedal in the chain before the power amp stage cutting ALL noise out.

It depends exactly how you wanna use it though. I used it to get rid of amp noise and pedal noise not feedback.

Something people overlook is the fact that the more volume you play with the les gain you need. I used to set my volume to suit the venue then set the gain so it was just under the feedback threshold, somethimes I'd only have my preamp gain on like 3-4 with a 5150 and 6505 and it was plenty. It cuts through the mix better too. Still had all the sustain in the world. Id doesnt hide any sloppy playing though if you do it like this . . . . .
Last edited by jscustomguitars at Aug 13, 2008,
Quote by Horlicks
I always do ISP first. A little pedal hum is worth it for extra sustain IMO.

I do this but I also rely on a volume pedal for my clean sound a lot of the time so if I put it anywhere else I'd just kill my sound instead of getting a clean tone.

To be honest I'd love to have on of the Pro-Rack G Decimators but they cost somewhere in the region of £300 new over here
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
You should put the decimator before any effects, otherwise it will just remove too much (delay or reverb etc).
Effects generally don't create much noise, it's the guitar and the pre-amp that do. Just put it after the guitar (or maybe after OD / distortion pedal) or first in your FX loop.
Jackson KV 2, Jackson COW 7 (both in B), Jackson Demmelition V
Bogner Überschall (blue rev)
Marshall 1960B Vintage (2x V30 & 2x G12T75)
TC Electronic G Major
BBE Sonic Maximizer 422A
Weber Mass 150w
ISP ProRackG
T.Racks Dinopower
I'm actually considering a G-string decimator so my chain can go:
Guitar>Decimator>Effects>Decimator G-string>Amp>Effects Loop>Decimator G-string>Speaker
That way I can eliminate as much noise as possible without losing sustain
Quote by Horlicks
I'm actually considering a G-string decimator so my chain can go:
Guitar>Decimator>Effects>Decimator G-string>Amp>Effects Loop>Decimator G-string>Speaker
That way I can eliminate as much noise as possible without losing sustain

I already loose sustain with only the ProRackG so I would not recommend using 2 noise gates in your loop... Unless your effects create a lot of noise (ie feedback) I would put the G-String before them.
TC Electronic G Major
BBE Sonic Maximizer 422A
Weber Mass 150w
ISP ProRackG
T.Racks Dinopower
Quote by Ventor
You should put the decimator before any effects, otherwise it will just remove too much (delay or reverb etc).
Effects generally don't create much noise, it's the guitar and the pre-amp that do. Just put it after the guitar (or maybe after OD / distortion pedal) or first in your FX loop.

ya, cause all im really using is a tubescreamer and the decimator, so ill just do it guitar, od, isp, amp

thanks!

ESP EC-1000 *Vintage Black*
Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
Quote by Reincaster
I generally like the patch cables for effects, they give you a bit more flexibility in placing your effects, where the coupler needs them to be in a straight line.

also, if like me you the majority of your pedals connect from the back as opposed to side by side... you'll have a few difficulties arranging your pedalboard if you use couplers...
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by Ventor
I already loose sustain with only the ProRackG so I would not recommend using 2 noise gates in your loop... Unless your effects create a lot of noise (ie feedback) I would put the G-String before them.

It's only one. That's the point of the G-String:
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
It's only one. That's the point of the G-String:

The G-String is like the ProRackG, I know. Horlicks mentioned another Decimator between his guitar & the effects, and then use the G-String between effects & amp and in the FX loop.
TC Electronic G Major
BBE Sonic Maximizer 422A
Weber Mass 150w
ISP ProRackG
T.Racks Dinopower
Quote by Ventor
The G-String is like the ProRackG, I know. Horlicks mentioned another Decimator between his guitar & the effects, and then use the G-String between effects & amp and in the FX loop.

So then I don't have to either:
Put it post OD808, so I have to mute the feedback which has been boosted.
Put it Pre-OD808 and suffer hum
Quote by Horlicks
So then I don't have to either:
Put it post OD808, so I have to mute the feedback which has been boosted.
Put it Pre-OD808 and suffer hum

Still seems very overkill to me; with potted pickups if you put a normal Decimator between the guitar and Maxon you shouldn't get feedback at all anyway. I certainly don't and my S470 still has the stock pups in it.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.