I'm very soon going on a £500 (approx $1000) FX pedal (preferably stomp boxes and the like) spending spree and I need some advice.

I play a lot of rock/metal such as Metallica, Joe Satriani, Led Zeppelin, RATM and so on. I also enjoy playing some of the softer stuff like RHCP and Oasis.

I was wondering what make of pedals and what type of pedals you guys would recommend for me?

I know I want a Whammy and Wah Wah pedal along with a distortion and chorus pedal. Any recommendations on makes for these?

Other than that I am open to suggestion.

Will I need a pedal board? I am unfamiliar with using pedals, I have always used the effects on my amp (Line 6 Spider 3). How do you get power to multiple pedals?

Thanks in advance
Sam
New amp. You can get some killer amps with your budget.
LTD JD 600
Fender Celtic Esquire
Ibanez RGA7
Schecter S-1 Elite
Line 6 FM4
KORG Pitchblack
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Wah
Ibanez TS-9
ISP Decimator
Peavey 6505 Halfstack
Marshall 1960b Cab
Line 6 POD X3 Live
for a wah i reccomend a dunlop 535Q, or a little research of you rown into the ultimate wah thread.

also, new amp.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Take one of these and see me in a week: http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/marshall-dsl401/283

I go for a rocker 30 over that ANY day. and for those styles it'll really nail it.
Fender Deluxe Strat HSS
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Highway 1 Tele
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Orange Rocker 30 Combo
Seymour Duncan Twin Tube Mayhem
Roland Microcube
Boss Micro BR
Korg Pitchblack
EHX Holy Grail
Hohner 3/4 Classical
Quote by PendulousThread
I go for a rocker 30 over that ANY day. and for those styles it'll really nail it.

Yeah but a rocker 30 is about £150 over budget.

I suppose you might be able to find one for under £500 used...
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Get a descent amp and maybe a chorus, then go from there. Possibly a wah as well, as stated above.
My rocker 30 was 420 used on ebay. and that wasnt a freak deal either. Most 2nd hand rocker 30s go for less than 500. and theyre worth soooo much more. If you are lucky u might be able to get a decent pedal or 2 as well. But seriously, get a new amp!

You'll regret it if you dont

Fender Deluxe Strat HSS
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Highway 1 Tele
Orange Rocker 30 Combo
Roland Microcube
Boss Micro BR
Korg Pitchblack
EHX Holy Grail
Hohner 3/4 Classical
Quote by PendulousThread
My rocker 30 was 420 used on ebay. and that wasnt a freak deal either. Most 2nd hand rocker 30s go for less than 500. and theyre worth soooo much more. If you are lucky u might be able to get a decent pedal or 2 as well. But seriously, get a new amp!

You'll regret it if you dont

Ahh, I don't tend to keep track of the used market but if that's the case then scouring ebay for a rocker 30 would definitely be the way to go

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by lefthandman9876
get a new amp

simple as

+1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Ahh, I don't tend to keep track of the used market but if that's the case then scouring ebay for a rocker 30 would definitely be the way to go

And the great thing about my rig now is, cus the rocker has great cleans and stays awesome right up until metal territory. I bought an awesome high gain preamp so now i have a full spectrum of tone out of an apparantly 'unversatile' amp
Fender Deluxe Strat HSS
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Highway 1 Tele
Orange Rocker 30 Combo
Roland Microcube
Boss Micro BR
Korg Pitchblack
EHX Holy Grail
Hohner 3/4 Classical
you'd need a pedal with a rocker 30 to push it really metal... I got some preety nice megadethish roar with the gain maxed though...

If you could find a used peavey xxx in the UK you'd be good
Used Laney GH50L would be a good one...
Quote by Highwaytohell
you'd need a pedal with a rocker 30 to push it really metal... I got some preety nice megadethish roar with the gain maxed though...

If you could find a used peavey xxx in the UK you'd be good
Used Laney GH50L would be a good one...

The GH50L doesn't come in combo form though so a cab would push it waaaay over budget even if you go used. Also it doesn't have a clean channel, in my opinion the gain tones are worth it for the price but it's always worth thinking about.

The peavey may be worth a look though but I've never even heard one live so I can't say much for it's tone.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.