Hi ,

How would you rate the floyd rose on these two guitars ?
Lets say on a scale of 1 to 10 ? ...is the ZR system on the Ibanez better in anyway ?

Ibanez S670FM

Jackson RR3 Rhoads

I'm planning to get one these pretty soon ...played both of them and liked them both..
I've been using floyd roses for only about a few months now so I don't have the expert y to make out a good one ?.
Last edited by inlovewithmusic at Aug 13, 2008,
The ZR uses ball bearings instead of knife edges as the fulcrum point, so it can't wear down. It also has the Zero Point system which makes the trem always return to zero.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
The ZR uses ball bearings instead of knife edges as the fulcrum point, so it can't wear down. It also has the Zero Point system which makes the trem always return to zero.

So does that mean in terms of durability ..the zr is better ?
yep. the Jackson trem will last for a few years (I've heard 5-7 or a little longer)
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
apparently the Zr is harder to push down ive heard tho, no experience with either trem

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Iv got a ZR on my Ibanez its brilliant , esy to push down , VERY easy to adjust. i prefer it to my OFR tbh...
Quote by bass_monkey
Iv got a ZR on my Ibanez its brilliant , esy to push down , VERY easy to adjust. i prefer it to my OFR tbh...

OFR ... you mean original floyd rose ?
Quote by oneblackened
yep. the Jackson trem will last for a few years (I've heard 5-7 or a little longer)

so once it wears out, is there anything i can do to repair it ? would that cost a lot ?
I have the S670FM.

The trem is GREAT.
IMO, if you want a floating trem with less maintenance (as the ball bearings can't be changed - they're sealed in, with a vacuum too I hear), the ZR should be good.

But, the S670FM, as guitar, is also great. I absolutely love mine. I highly recommend it.
Although, I love the neck pickup, but the bridge is a bit harsh (or I've killed it with lemon oil :P), and may need replacing.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by inlovewithmusic
so once it wears out, is there anything i can do to repair it ? would that cost a lot ?

I've heard you can replace it with an Original FR
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden